ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Notes On Key 2021 DB Targets; Commit To Make UV

EJ Holland

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Apr 25, 2019
Here are tonight's charms...

*** Notre Dame defensive line commit Gabriel Rubio is already doing his best to help the Irish recruit. The four-star 2021 prospect has been actively working on elite cornerback and fellow St. Louis native Jakailin Johnson. Rubio tagged Johnson in a few posts on social media and has been talking to him about teaming up in South Bend. With both being in the same city, you can bet Rubio is going to continue to make a Johnson a priority target.

*** Speaking of Johnson, Notre Dame is the early favorite to land him. He is a teammate of five-star 2020 wide receiver commit Jordan Johnson and is looking forward to getting back on campus this fall. Notre Dame, however, will have to work hard to land him. Johnson is also very high on programs like Florida, Georgia, Nebraska, Ohio State and Oklahoma. I said in today’s chat that I thought ND would land him if he were to decide today, but Johnson wants to take his time with the process and is looking to see several schools during the season.

*** I’ve also been very bullish on Notre Dame’s chances to land 2021 three-star Ben Davis (Ind.) athlete Daylan Carnell. The Irish are recruiting him as a corner and have hosted him for four unofficial visits so far. Expect Carnell to be back on campus for a game this fall as well. However, Carnell isn’t planning on making a decision until next summer. He wants to take in the process and get more familiar with schools like Iowa, Minnesota and Penn State.

*** Four-star Thomas Dale (Va.) running back Chris Tyree recently made an official visit to Notre Dame and has already scheduled a return trip to South Bend. Tyree plans to be at Notre Dame vs. USC for an unofficial visit on Oct. 12. Tyree picked Notre Dame earlier this offseason and is fully committed to the Irish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News