ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: New FutureCast Pick In For Notre Dame

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** Another day and another new FutureCast pick in for Notre Dame. Yesterday's prediction was for four-star defensive end DJ Wesolak to choose the Irish, and today's pick is for four-star cornerback Jaden Mickey to side with Notre Dame over Cal, Northwestern and Oregon. Those are the top four schools he announced on Monday, and this is not a recruitment I expect to drag out too long. It looks to be either Notre Dame or Oregon. My pick is on Notre Dame.

*** I put in a FutureCast pick last week for Notre Dame to land four-star linebacker Joshua Burnham. He announced today that he would be announcing his decision next Wednesday. This one looks really good for Notre Dame. Barring a change of heart, I expect Burnham to announce a pledge to the Irish. Stranger things have happened though, so we'll have to see.

*** Notre Dame is continuing to evaluate the wide receiver board in the 2022 class. A couple of names I'm hearing that the staff is looking at is Asheville (N.C.) High's Jaden Watkins and Springfield (Mass.) Central's Joseph Griffin. Watkins started seeing his recruitment pick up after his junior season with offers from the likes of Duke, Illinois, Maryland and Virginia Tech. Griffin committed to Boston College over Virginia, Wisconsin and others in October.

*** Notre Dame is continuing its pursuit of Atlanta Westminster class of 2022 four-star tight end Holden Staes. I'm not at the point of putting in a FutureCast pick for the Irish yet, but I think Notre Dame would be the betting favorite here (if that were a thing). As I've mentioned a few times here at BlueandGold.com, tight end recruiting is fascinating. Jack Nickel is already committed, and he is happy with his pledge. Notre Dame talks to him all the time. But you have Eli Raridon and Staes vying for one spot. If Raridon commits, which I expect to happen, would they not have room for Staes? I'm told that Staes has weekly calls with tight ends coach John McNulty and recently had a phone call with head coach Brian Kelly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News