ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: New FutureCast Pick In For Notre Dame

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** I put in a new Rivals FutureCast pick for Notre Dame to land Boonville (Mo.) High class of 2022 defensive end DJ Wesolak this evening. This is one I've been contemplating for a while, and I'm having a hard time finding folks who don't see the four-star edge rusher landing at Notre Dame. Alabama, Clemson, Missouri and Notre Dame are the top four schools for Wesolak from what I've gathered, but I like the Irish the most here.

*** Notre Dame defensive coordinator Marcus Freeman and defensive line coach Mike Elston have done a great job in the recruitment. Head coach Brian Kelly had a recent zoom call with Wesolak that went very well too. Notre Dame commits Tyson Ford, Nolan Ziegler and Steve Angeli are all working here as well. Wesolak is looking to visit Notre Dame in the near future -- potentially with Ford, his good buddy -- and a commitment could come soon afterwards. Click here to read my story on Wesolak from over the weekend

*** Corona (Calif.) Centennial class of 2022 cornerback Jaden Mickey announced his top four schools list of Cal, Notre Dame, Northwestern and Oregon on Monday evening. I feel that this is a Notre Dame vs. Oregon battle, and one I expect the Fighting Irish to eventually win. Special teams coordinator Brian Polian offered Mickey in early February, and the entire staff has done a really nice job here. Notre Dame is supposed to have a zoom call with Mickey tonight as well.

*** As I reported earlier today, I believe that Notre Dame will offer Rabun Gap (Ga.) Nacoochee class of 2022 defensive end Darren Agu. The staff recently evaluated him and I'm told they're really high on his junior tape. Notre Dame has no shortage of big-time defensive end targets, so I'm not sure if they'll end up being able to take Agu, but he's definitely a name to keep an eye on.

*** We've seen schools like Penn State and West Virginia schedule official visits with recruits for this summer. I reported over the weekend that there's a growing sense that visits will open up in June. In talking to a source on the Irish side of things, the Notre Dame staff is going to be scheduling officials with 2022 recruits soon too. At worst, the dead period extends and the staff has to cancel the visits. At best, the Irish have some monster visitors in June.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News