ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: New FutureCast Pick In For Notre Dame

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** I put in a FutureCast pick this evening for Notre Dame to land Mission Hills (Calif.) Bishop Alemany class of 2022 inside linebacker Niuafe "Junior" Tuihalamaka. In a recent interview with Rivals.com's Adam Gorney, Tuihalamaka noted that Arizona, Cal, Notre Dame, Oregon, Stanford and USC are the schools in pursuit, but everything I've gathered points to Notre Dame or Stanford being his choice. Tuihalamaka's conversations with the Notre Dame staff have progressed to a point where I feel comfortable enough making the prediction.

*** Tuihalamaka really wants to get out to Notre Dame and was hopeful that he could make that happen in April, but the dead period is expected to be extended through the end of May. With his recent decommitment from USC, the expectation was that he'd take his visits and then make a decision, but he may not get that opportunity. Look for Tuihalamaka to potentially visit Notre Dame for a self-guided tour. If that happens, I'd go from really liking Notre Dame's chances to loving them. Again, from what I'm already hearing, I'm confident enough to put in a FutureCast pick here. Additionally, Tuihalamaka and the Notre Dame staff are expected to be on a Zoom call on Tuesday.

*** Notre Dame has a lot of work to do for Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy safety Kamari Wilson, the No. 1 player at his position in the country, but Marcus Freeman and Co. are in contact with the four-star prospect. I was told going into the day that the Irish staff would have a Zoom call with Wilson on Monday evening. Alabama, Florida, Florida State and LSU are just a few other schools in pursuit of Wilson.

*** As I mentioned in The Gold Standard this morning, I'm still liking where Notre Dame is at in Evanston (Ill.) High linebacker Sebastian Cheeks' recruitment. He's been clear to Notre Dame that he doesn't want to make a decision on his college choice until after his shortened spring junior season in Illinois. Here's what he told Rivals:

"I'm still very open with all of the schools who are still recruiting me. I want to be focused on just going out and proving to myself I can still play and let my overall game speak for itself this spring.

"I was really looking forward to making some college campus visits in person this spring and summer. Now that the NCAA has pushed back the dead period until the end of May, who knows when we will be allowed to make those visits."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News