ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: New FutureCast In For Notre Dame; Notes On Isaiah Pryor

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** On Sunday, I put in a FutureCast pick for Notre Dame to land class of 2021 Rivals100 wide receiver Deion Colzie. It's something I've contemplated doing since I learned that Colzie would be visiting ND for the USC game during my visit to Athens in September. There's just so much pointing to Colzie picking Notre Dame, whether that be in the next week, the next few months, or sometime next year.

*** In talking to sources on the Notre Dame side, Colzie is a big priority for the Irish staff. There's no debating whether or not he's a take, which I believe there is with a guy like Cristian Dixon. This will also be Colzie's fourth visit to Notre Dame in the past 18 months or so. Notre Dame feels like home more and more to Colzie each time he visits campus. I believe after this visit, there will be nothing left for Colzie to see and experience at Notre Dame (again, this will be his fourth visit. That's a lot) and he will come to a decision that ND will be his choice.

*** Georgia is not the concern here. In my talks with those close to Colzie, the academics offered at Georgia don't compare to Notre Dame's, and education is very, very important to Colzie and his family. Colzie isn't an Athens kid either; he's actually from the Atlanta area but moved out to Athens for high school. My concern here is Clemson, but they still haven't offered him. He visited Clemson for the Texas A&M game in September, but nothing major came out of that visit. Notre Dame's academics far surpass Clemson's, which is another reason Notre Dame looks good here.

*** Earlier today I reported that former Ohio State safety Isaiah Pryor would be officially visiting Notre Dame this weekend. I noted a few days ago after news came out that Houston Griffith would be moving to safety that I heard there would be further moves to Notre Dame at the safety spot. At the time, I thought I may have just been mistaken and the move was actually Cam Hart to cornerback. However, now I believe that what I heard from my source was about Pryor potentially being added to the team.

*** In my Gold Standard on Monday, I noted that Notre Dame's defensive back situation is fluid. Notre Dame started to talk more with four-star safety Malcolm Greene in August, but the Irish may be pulling back a bit there if they're able to reel in Pryor. With Pryor and Griffith at safety and the Irish adding three safeties in the 2018 class, that position is not as big of a priority in the 2020 class. You also have to remember that Caleb Offord and Clarence Lewis, two DB commits for ND, are cornerback/safety hybrid prospects. So if Notre Dame lands Pryor, the Irish may just take Ramon Henderson and call it a day with the 2020 class, although they could add a 20th prospect to the class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News