ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: More On Big Notre Dame WR Target CJ Williams

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Are you ready to put your career in your own hands? Adam Goldman can help! Adam is a member of BlueandGold.com and franchise veteran, having recently sold a franchise to a strategic buyer. Using his expertise, he helps others find their American Dream through a very thorough and FREE consultation process. Call Adam at 844-800-FRAN and put your life and career in your own hands.
Adam Goldman, Owner
FranchiseCoach.net
Email: agoldman@franchisecoach.net
DM: @FranchiseCoach

Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** Rivals.com's Adam Gorney dropped by today to post an article about Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei class of 2022 wide receiver CJ Williams. The schools the elite prospect mentioned in the interview were Notre Dame, USC, UCLA, Ohio State, Texas and Clemson. Notre Dame offered Williams over a year ago and has consistently been in the mix. Williams ranks as the nation's No. 27 prospect and holds 50 scholarship offers. This is not typically a recruitment that wins, but I did some digging today, and there's actually a lot of reason to have optimism for Notre Dame. The staff had a call with Williams on Tuesday which went well, and if visits open up in June, look for Williams to take a trip to South Bend. Folks, I believe Notre Dame has a better chance to land Williams than people realize.

*** I flipped my Rivals FutureCast pick in for Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic class of 2022 cornerback Jaeden Gould from Notre Dame to Penn State. I reported last week that I was likely to move off my FutureCast pick for him to land at Notre Dame, and here we are. No other details to add at this time. I expect Gould to end up at either Michigan, Penn State or USC.

*** Speaking of FutureCast picks, I still have one in for Notre Dame to land Red Bank (N.J.) Catholic class of 2022 defensive end Alex Bauman. When Notre Dame offered Bauman last November, I said that I felt he would land in the Irish's class as long as that's where the staff wanted him to be. I still believe that is the case. Bauman plays both tight end and defensive end at the high school level, but the Irish certainly don't have room for him at tight end. Do they have room for him at defensive end? We'll have to see on Bauman, but I can report that the Irish staff is continuing to recruit Bauman. Early tonight, Irish tight ends coach John McNulty, who has deep ties in New Jersey, was on a zoom call with Bauman.

*** A bit of a random 2023 commitment today occurred when Suwannee (Ga.) Collins Hill defensive end Denzel Moore committed to Indiana. The likes of Florida State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Tennessee and Texas A&M had offered him, but he made an interesting pick of the Hoosiers as a sophomore in high school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News