ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Irish Targets Who Will Visit UGA For Saturday's Showdown

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** There will be Notre Dame targets at the monumental matchup with Georgia this weekend. Obviously, they are there on a Georgia recruiting visit and the Notre Dame staff can't talk to these prospects, but I wanted to share who some of the Irish targets were who would be at this game, as this is a good opportunity for Notre Dame to really impress these guys in person with a statement win. The most important Notre Dame recruit at the game is Deion Colzie, a Rivals100 class of 2021 wide receiver.

*** I posted a full update on Colzie this morning (click here). I will likely put in a FutureCast pick for Colzie to Notre Dame this month. Once you put in a Rivals FutureCast, you're pretty much locked in with it. You can change it to another school, but there is no cop out "foggy" option. That is why I'm hesitant to put in FutureCast picks at times, but I feel really good about the Irish's standing with Colzie. In fact, I feel better that Colzie picks Notre Dame than I do Cristian Dixon ending up in the class -- a guy I put in a FutureCast pick for in August. Colzie is a big priority for Notre Dame.

*** Arguably Notre Dame's top linebacker target in the 2021 class will be at the game in Suwannee (Ga.) North Gwinnett's Barrett Carter, the No. 56 prospect in the nation. I do believe that Carter is a Georgia lean at this time, and for the Irish to have a shot in this recruitment, he will need to get up to South Bend. Carter is from Chicago and still has family up in the Windy City, so Notre Dame has a really interesting offer to him as a school near to where he grew up. Every day it seems like Carter is earning another big time offer, so he will be a very tough get at the end of the day.

*** One of my favorite 2021 recruits will be at the game in Carrollton (Ga.) outside linebacker Chaz Chambliss. I do believe the Irish see him more as an end, whether that be drop or strong side (likely the latter). Chambliss is interested in leaving the South for college ball and likes the idea of playing in the Midwest. However, staying in-state at Georgia has an appeal. Chambliss is still in the early stages of his recruitment and I don't expect a ton of movement for him this fall. He'll take some drivable game day visits (like this one), and this offseason is when he will look at taking a trip to Notre Dame.

*** It shouldn't be a surprise that McDonough (Ga.) Eagle's Landing Christian athlete Justin Robinson is visiting the Georgia for the ND game. He is a Bulldog commit from an hour and some change away from Athens. Notre Dame is in communication with Robinson, but the Irish and the Robinson camp, from what I've gathered, are not on the same page as far as position he would play at Notre Dame. Robinson prefers receiver, while Notre Dame likes him at safety. I'm monitoring this situation closely.

*** I'll quickly run through five other prospects who will be at the big game. Pinson (Ala.) Valley's GaQuincy McKinstry, the top 2021 athlete in the nation, is also looking at visiting Notre Dame this fall or after the season. Most people believe he'll end up at Auburn or Alabama ... Woodstock (Ga.) safety David Daniel was highly interested in the Irish and wanted to get up to ND for the USC game, but Daniel committed to Georgia last week. I'm unsure at this point if he'll still consider other schools ... Cornelius (N.C.) Hough running back Evan Pryor, the No. 3 RB in the 2021 class, has received interest from Notre Dame, but the Irish haven't offered yet. He is someone I believe Notre Dame will offer this fall ... Greensboro (N.C.) Dudley defensive tackle Payton Page, the nation's No.1 DT, will be in Athens. Notre Dame has offered Page, but I doubt much happens here ... 2022 Milton (Ga.) tight end Jack Nickel is one of the best in his class. He actually will visit Notre Dame Oct. 12.

*** Last but certainly not least... Notre Dame 2021 TE commit Cane Berrong will visit Georgia for the game. I've been in communication with those close to Berrong and this visit is to see Notre Dame play at a great college football venue. Before Berrong committed to Notre Dame, the Bulldogs weren't a top three school for him. There is zero concern here. He's going to see Notre Dame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News