ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Intel On Key DB Targets

EJ Holland

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Apr 25, 2019
*** I spoke to a source close to the recruitment of four-star Lufkin (Texas) defensive back Jerrin Thompson, and he told me he is Notre Dame's to lose at this point in the process. LSU still isn't making a big push, and he does not have an official visit set to Baton Rouge. Remember, Thompson is set to make an OV to Notre Dame on June 21. If everything goes well, the Irish should be able to close the deal.

*** Our Mike Singer was the really the first to report reignited interest between Oak Park (Mich.) defensive back Enzo Jennings and Notre Dame. I spoke to a source familiar with Jennings' recruitment, who told me the four-star prospect is highest on Notre Dame, Penn State and Kentucky. He added that Pitt is in the mix as well and that Jennings is close to setting up an OV with the Irish.

*** I also spoke to the same source about recent offer Cameron Martinez. The Muskegon (Mich.) prospect made an official visit to Northwestern, and the Wildcats made a big impression. Ohio State is also standing out at this point in the process. Martinez is, however, looking to make a summer visit to Notre Dame. He also wants to see Kentucky and Penn State.

*** Oak Park (Mich.) wide receiver Maliq Carr has a Notre Dame offer in hand and made his way to campus for an unofficial visit. However, I'm told there really isn't much there at this time. I wouldn't expect the Irish to move forward here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News