ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Final Prediction On RB Logan Diggs

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms....

*** This may surprise some people, but I'm actually expecting Metairie (La.) Rummel Logan Diggs to announce tomorrow that he's sticking with the Fighting Irish. Safeties coach Terry Joseph, who recruited Diggs to South Bend, leaving for Texas gave Diggs some pause, but everything Diggs has been telling Notre Dame has been very positive. Some of the late drama here might have been overblown. Don't get me wrong, there's been some drama here, but by all accounts, it looks like it'll be Notre Dame tomorrow, and I'll have more information to share after he announces his final decision tomorrow. We'll see what happens; I can't really guarantee anything one way or the other at this point.

*** In case you missed it, here's what Rivals.com's Sam Spiegelman wrote about Diggs earlier today in this article: Diggs has gone back and forth between sticking with Notre Dame or flipping to LSU and the three-star tailback has admitted it has been the most grueling decision he's had to make so far in his life. On one hand, he committed to the Irish and is excited about leaving Louisiana to venture to South Bend and try out a new experience. On the other, he's a New Orleans native that grew up dreaming of playing for the Tigers in purple and gold down the road from his hometown.

Since December, Terry Joseph, who recruited Diggs to Notre Dame, has landed at Texas as the Horns' new safeties coach. That's a key factor to note. Now, Brian Kelly has taken an enlarged role in recruiting Diggs personally and the entire Fighting Irish coaching staff has involved themselves to keep Diggs on board.

LSU, meanwhile, has a few open spots in the class and Kevin Faulk has made Diggs a priority. He's pushing the narrative of staying home and playing for the Tigers, which has not only Diggs' attention but his friends, family and teammates at Rummel.

Diggs has gone back and forth and continues to wrestle with this decision, which is expected to be case into Wednesday. He announces later in the day -- around 3 p.m. CT at his high school -- which only adds to the drama surrounding this situation. Sources close to the running back point to LSU closing strong here, but this is closer to 50-50 and no decisions have been made.

*** There's been plenty of discussion recently about Ohio State class of 2022 cornerback commit Jyaire Brown in regards to him potentially flipping to Notre Dame. I've been checking with sources on this, and I'm told that nothing is imminent yet. However, Brown is in daily contact with defensive coordinator Marcus Freeman and cornerbacks Mike Mickens for the past couple weeks. Brown is giving Notre Dame a lot of thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News