ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Big updates on three key Notre Dame recruits

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

Warning: Tonight's update is a positive one.

*** Today I received the first positive tidbit in the recruitment of Fond du Lac (Wis.) St. Mary's Springs offensive guard Billy Schrauth, a four-star recruit in the 2022 class, in a few months. After a year of Schrauth being a very strong Notre Dame, the tide turned in Wisconsin's favor after his official visits to UW, ND and Ohio State in June. Many pundits have flipped their predictions towards the Badgers, while I have left mine on Notre Dame. In fact, I believe Notre Dame leads for Schrauth after what I heard today, but this one will not be over until the fat lady sings. That fat lady might be singing soon, though.

*** As I wrote in The Gold Standard this morning, Schrauth is looking at visiting Notre Dame either this weekend or next (more likely the USC game than UNC). This would give Notre Dame a nice boost in the recruitment. But again guys, there's no telling what Schrauth will ultimately do. Heck, even Ohio State is still sniffing around. I heard Ohio State head coach Ryan Day visited Schrauth's school last Friday, a couple of days after Notre Dame's Brian Kelly and Tommy Rees stopped by the school. If Schrauth does end up visiting Notre Dame this weekend, I would put him on commit watch.

*** Ponchatoula (La.) High class of 2022 wide receiver and Notre Dame commit Amorion Walker tells me that he will be in South Bend this weekend. This is huge news for Notre Dame. I reported in The Gold Standard this afternoon that there's a lot of optimism that Walker will stick with the Irish, and if he indeed does make it to South Bend this weekend, that will go a long ways for the Irish holding on to the talented pass catcher. This saga will go on until National Signing Day, but having Walker back on campus will give the Irish a sizeable lead, in my opinion.

*** Recruits in the 2022 class who committed during the COVID dead period did not have the opportunity to take visits during their junior year, so there are some Irish pledges who have visited elsewhere this year so that they can experience college football games. This would include Groton (Mass.) Lawrence Academy offensive tackle Ty Chan, who committed to Notre Dame last December. Chan visited Boston College over the weekend, but a source close to the four-star prospect tells me that Chan is all Notre Dame. There's very little concern of a flip from Chan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News