ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Big New Offer, Key Visits By Notre Dame

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** I reported in The Gold Standard this morning that Notre Dame running backs coach Lance Taylor would be visiting 2021 Rivals100 running back Donovan Edwards this week. That visit happened on Monday, and I'm told it went well. Notre Dame is not seen as a big contender in this recruitment, with many thinking it's an Ohio State-Michigan battle, but the Irish are definitely in this one.

*** I'm also hearing that Edwards is looking at visiting Notre Dame this weekend, which would be his first visit since January. This would be a huge visit. Coach Taylor is putting in some serious work on the recruiting trail. Last week, he saw 2021 five-star RB Camar Wheaton and the nation's top APB in Will Shipley. He saw Donovan Edwards today, likely will see TreVeyon Henderson later in the week as well as 2020 commit Chris Tyree. But that's not all...

*** Taylor visited Shipley's high school in May... Shipley visited Notre Dame in October... Taylor visited Shipley's school during the bye week... Taylor visited Shipley's school on Friday... Assistant coaches get to visit a school once per week, and a source in Shipley's camp tells me that Taylor will be seeing Shipley on Wednesday. Taylor is making Shipley a big priority, but his eggs aren't all in that basket either. I'm also expecting Taylor to see Ohio running back Corey Kiner this week too. Again, Taylor is putting in some serious work on the road.

*** Notre Dame offensive line coach Jeff Quinn visited Avon (Ind.) High to see 2021 OL commit Blake Fisher today. The elite big man is very solid in his Irish pledge and will be visiting campus this weekend. Fisher has been the vocal leader of the class on social media is takes a very active role in recruiting others. I would argue that Edwards is one of Fisher's top targets, and having these two on campus to bond could be big for Notre Dame.

*** Blairstown (N.J.) Blair Academy defensive lineman Aaron Armitage announced that he earned an offer from Notre Dame today. The 2021 four-star prospect was visited by defensive line coach Mike Elston today, and the Irish are a major, major factor in this recruitment. I thought it would be just a matter of time until Armitage got the offer, but I'm still very intrigued with what his positional fit will be. I'll be working on figuring that out and am super close to putting in a FutureCast pick for Notre Dame to land Armitage.

*** Notre Dame safeties coach Terry Joseph was in Arizona today and made a stop in at Gilbert (Ariz.) Queen Creek to identify some future prospects. These are names to keep a close eye on too. I'll start in the 2022 class with quarterback Devin Brown, who holds an early offer from Wisconsin. Good lucking young QB who is listed at 6-foot-2, 170-pounds. In the 2021 class, safety Krew Jackson is a very intriguing recruit, standing at 6-foot-5, 200-pounds. Arizona, Arizona State, Boston College and Washington State are some of his notable offers. Linebacker Trey Reynolds, a 6-foot-2, 220-pound three-star recruit with several Pac-12 offers, also attends this school, as does athlete Hunter Barth, another three-star prospect who has the likes of Arizona, Cal, Duke, Iowa State and USC on his offer sheet.

*** Quarterbacks coach Tommy Rees stopped at Joliet Catholic today. No offer candidates at this school to my knowledge, but this is of course a school that is great for Notre Dame to show love to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News