ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola Ramblers

Toby Smart

All Star
Aug 28, 2002
Since the Irish won't be playing in the NCAA tourney, I found another team to get excited about annd that is the Loyola Ramblers. I saw them play about a month or so ago at Valparaiso and they shot lights out then. Didn't realize at the time that they would make the tourney, let alone actually win at least one tourney game. They have moxy. I love moxy. Don't know what the future holds for the Ramblers but I'll be pulling for them.

Reactions: chitown sot
I remember listening to that Loyola title game on the radio. Can't remember any details as I was a youngster.

Rees completed 60 percent of his passes in his ND career. Thanks for stopping by.

Not to beat this dead horse but that was the Floyd effect. Rees was cut from an NFL camp because they couldn't evaluate their own receivers in with him in drills.

Reactions: francade
Nice win over The Vols. On to the Sweet Sixteen. Two tourney wins for Loyola. I wouldn't have guessed it a few weeks ago. Those son of a guns have moxy. You still have to hit those free throws and rebound though.

Not to beat this dead horse but that was the Floyd effect. Rees was cut from an NFL camp because they couldn't evaluate their own receivers in with him in drills.
Don't argue with echo. He knows everything. Tommy was the greatest qb that ever walked on ND's campus. It has nothing to do about hate, Rees just wasn't very good.

Reactions: francade
Didnt mean to knock on Tommy. Always liked him as a player and person. Just remember announcers praising him for having a lot of "moxy".

I wonder if Sister Jean got part of the net? Anyway, the city of Chicago is going nuts. They lose a legendary classic rock station and gain a Final Four team.

I read somewhere that some reporter or announcer asked Sister Jean what she gave up for lent.

Her response: “losing”

Simply awesome

Reactions: PHJIndy
Loyola of Chicago is a fine school. Hardly the 3rd
Educarion some her would like to think.

Get off your high horse!

Don't argue with echo. He knows everything. Tommy was the greatest qb that ever walked on ND's campus. It has nothing to do about hate, Rees just wasn't very good.
He wasn’t the best ND QB by any means but he might be the most underrated and berated of all time.

Loyola had a glorious run. Historically, there were in effect the college basketball team equivalent to Jackie Robinson They had 4 African American starters during their championship run in 1963, but were actually the first to have have 5 African Americans on the floor during a game. If Porter Moser stays, golden days are ahead.

Reactions: PHJIndy
When I saw Loyola play at Valparaiso a couple of months ago, I had seats behind the Loyola bench. I had no idea about Loyola's season up to that point or their HC, but you could clearly see that Coach Moser was intense and lived and died with every play...and....his players responded to him. My son told me at the time that they were good but no one knew they were Final Four good. On a side note, if you have the chance to attend a mid major game, do it. You won't regret it. It's inexpensive. Loud. Fun. Family orientated. Players play hard every play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT