ADVERTISEMENT

Looks Like ND Women Will Sign Only 2 This Year

Lou Somogyi

Senior Editor
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2004
Two of the three goals this year were met for the 2019 recruiting cycle, where signing date is Nov. 14-21.

Signing with the Irish were 6-2 forward Samantha Brunelle from Virginia and 5-10 guard Anaya Peoples from Illinois. Brunelle is ranked the nation's No. 4 prospect by ESPN Hoopgurlz and No. 5 by Prospects Nation, while Peoples is No. 8 in PN and No. 21 by ESPN.

Muffet McGraw says Brunelle is the best shooter in the class, an ideal wing who can post up guards low or be a stretch-4 along the perimeter. Peoples is listed as a point guard by most services, but McGraw said she will be more of an off guard who also can provide the best defensive presence on the perimeter since Skylar Diggins.

Where the Irish did miss is filling a second forward spot, especially with both Brianna Turner and Jessica Shepard graduating after this season. Taking an official visit here was No. 3-ranked Aliyah Boston, a 6-4 post player, but when asked if she foresees anyone else joining the class — including top-ranked Haley Jones from California, who also visited — McGraw did not sound optimistic.

"No, I think we're done," she replied.

In the spring, she will look at the transfer market, where she found god-sent Shepard two years ago.

"We'll probably look at a grad transfer, I think," McGraw said. "I don't expect us to sign anyone (from high school) later."

Reactions: Gcalf and cheta41
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News