ADVERTISEMENT

Little breakdown on ND commit WR Kevin Stepherson

michael l

All Star
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
Before I start the site looks great and I know Andrew, Bryan and Lou have all done a great job. My name is Michael Langston, recruiting analyst for Warchant, FSU site on Rivals. I'm in the area regularly for the State of Florida, especially Jacksonville so I figured I would drop a few notes on Kevin.

First off, I love the pick up for Notre Dame in landing First Coast WR Kevin Stepherson. I've been evaluating him for about three years at First Coast since Florida State usually recruits that school hard and I was there to see his quarterback and now signee De'Andre Johnson. Nevertheless, this is a tremendous pick up. IMO Stepherson should be a four-star prospect based on what I've seen in the six or seven times I watched him in person.

Andrew has done a tremendous job at recapping everything from the Irish invasion and the performance breakdown on Stepherson. To begin I think what you will see out of Stepherson immediately is his size. He plays bigger than you would think with his height. Great leaping ability, but what really is his strongest area is how Kevin comes out his first cut on the routes. He's always had great top end speed even as a freshman or sophomore. However, as a junior his technique got better in how he got off the line of scrimmage in press coverage and his game then started to take off.

The last three games I saw Stepherson he had 100 in two of the games and scored a touchdown in all three of them. I said it back when I saw him in the playoffs and I'll stick by it I think he's the best receiver at First Coast and probably the Northern Florida area. The only thing I would like to see get better with Kevin is bulking up more with his upper body. He's gotten a little bigger since last year. In fact, he's added about ten or fifteen pounds when I checked in on him at First Coast this spring. Incredible kid off the field and he will represent Notre Dame in a very good way on and off the field.

Kevin is a tough minded kid that really started to blow up in my mind midway through his junior season. The offers for colleges took a little longer, but IMO that's when his potential caught up with the talent so I'm not surprised in the slightest he's going to be a big time program like Notre Dame.

He has areas he can get better on like physicality, getting off the jams cleaner and continuing to improve on his route running. But he's a gem and I can honestly say when I've watched him I can't remember him having a bad game at all. I'm sure I'll watch him a little more this season. Anyway, I just wanted to drop by and give a few notes on the kid.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News