ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking Link Jarrett Named Notre Dame Baseball Coach

Lou Somogyi

Senior Editor
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2004
Talk about a late Friday afternoon news release!

The head coach at UNC Greensboro, as discussed earlier in the week in Lou's Confessions, has been officially named the head coach.

“We are thrilled to welcome Coach Jarrett and his family to the Notre Dame family,” Vice President and James E. Rohr Director of Athletics Jack Swarbrick said. “Link brings a remarkable baseball pedigree to the job, as an elite player, an assistant coach with some of the country’s best collegiate programs, a highly successful head coach, and even as a parent of a current college baseball player. But perhaps most importantly, Link’s passion for teaching young men through baseball matches perfectly with the mission of Notre Dame Athletics.”

“I’d like to thank Jack Swarbrick and Jody Sadler for navigating this process and giving me the opportunity to lead this baseball program,” Jarrett said. “It is truly an honor to be the head coach at Notre Dame.”

“I want to build this program into one that will contend for championships in the ACC. We have to work tirelessly to upgrade everything that we do in our program. I want this program to be a model of consistency and excellence in college baseball.”

Jarrett, who met with the members of the Irish team on campus Friday, arrives at Notre Dame after seven years as head coach at UNC Greensboro (UNCG). During his time with the Spartans, he guided the program to new heights, including their first-ever conference tournament championship in 2017 and the second-ever regular season championship in 2018.

I will have more in a front page story later today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News