ADVERTISEMENT

Line: Notre Dame 8.0 Over Southern Cal

Odds makers thinking USC is going to bring their A game next weekend. No way the spread should be less against SC than it was against Syracuse.

Odds makers thinking USC is going to bring their A game next weekend. No way the spread should be less against SC than it was against Syracuse.
Not sure what the odds makers are thinking. They set the line to get equal money on both sides. Not necessarily what they think the outcome will be. I know that is hard to believe, but in a sense, they are setting the line to what they think the better believes the mov to be, or in some cases, if teams are bet hard, they will set it accordingly.

Like I said, I don't get this line. It is already up to -10. Do they know something??? :(

They actually have pretty similar ratings in most computer polls. Syracuse was way overrated at 12.

Reactions: 8th Man
If ND really pushes these guys around and imposes their will this will not be close as SC will break and fold up like FSU did. With everything on the line for ND I am not worried about this one. Irish by at least 17.

i'll be surprised if this isn't a three score type beatdown with all the injuries that sc has and the way they are just playing in general. a lot of sc fans on other boards think this will be a beatdown. they lost Houston Saturday which will be a big loss for them as he is probably the best LB that they right now according to some of the sc media guys

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
This line makes no sense. I was expecting it to be -18 or so. I can’t fathom a single possession difference between ND and a team that lost to UCLA last week.

SC vs UCLA

“Chip Kelly’s Bruins had just 57 scholarship players available for the game with one senior starter on offense while playing 20 freshman...

a program that was in serious disrepair after Sarkisian flamed out. But the way to fix a program that was suffering because of a bad head coaching hire wasn’t to hire one of the assistants of that same bad coaching hire.“

RAbrams

Traditional Rival, Cross country flight and this reason.

"USC has the No. 4 ranked roster in the country, according to the 247Sports Team Talent Composite,behind Ohio State, Alabama and Georgia."

Ohio State cannot stop a nose bleed on defense. Gave up 49 & 50+ to traditional BASKETBALL powers Purdue & Maryland.

USC is 5-6 and leaving oil in the driveway. But the "Star Gazing Nerds" and Oddsmakes must still think they are a Top 15 team. Which was their Pre Season ranking.

I mean USC handed Wash St their only loss of the season. I am surprised the "Star Gazers" & Oddsmakers do not have the game a Pick Em?

Screw watching the tape and evaluating schemes & techniques. Lets count the numbers of Stars these players accumulated while playing HS ball.

Acoording to 247Sports 5-6 USC has better players than ND & Clemson. Who are 22-0 this year. Hnmmmm....

Go Irish
11-0 baby!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT