ADVERTISEMENT

Lawrence on Love in press conference

Rionegro

ND Expert
Sep 22, 2018
BK seem to indicate Clemson really exploited Love's abscence. But Lawrence said and I paraphrase, after a few plays we realized he wasn't in but it didn't really change our game plan. I'll have to listen to it again to get exact wording but his reaction didn't indicate they saw it as an opportunity to immediately exploit. The way Lawrence throws his wr's catch I'm not sure it made that big of a difference

Reactions: d1042
BK seem to indicate Clemson really exploited Love's abscence. But Lawrence said and I paraphrase, after a few plays we realized he wasn't in but it didn't really change our game plan. I'll have to listen to it again to get exact wording but his reaction didn't indicate they saw it as an opportunity to immediately exploit. The way Lawrence throws his wr's catch I'm not sure it made that big of a difference
Two of the three TD passes were against Love’s replacement playing man coverage. That seems like a bit of an odd coincidence, since the game started out with most pass plays aimed at Pride. Perhaps the play caller was aware he was out?

Why the f*ck it took so long to get him back out there is a joke.
Who’s fault is that? Rob Hunt?
15 minutes in the tent.
Bike riding for 10 mins.
Did we have a crying session with Tom Renaldi?

Poor Dante Vaughn is getting tiki torched out there .

Here’s playoff protocol

Hoosiers: Gene Hackman. Patch him up, PATCH HIM UP and get him out there.
What are you out of your mind?

This is the f’ing playoffs.

Reactions: GoldCountryND
Two of the three TD passes were against Love’s replacement playing man coverage. That seems like a bit of an odd coincidence, since the game started out with most pass plays aimed at Pride. Perhaps the play caller was aware he was out?
I hear you , utube it

Why the f*ck it took so long to get him back out there is a joke.
Who’s fault is that? Rob Hunt?
15 minutes in the tent.
Bike riding for 10 mins.
Did we have a crying session with Tom Renaldi?

Poor Dante Vaughn is getting tiki torched out there .

Here’s playoff protocol

Hoosiers: Gene Hackman. Patch him up, PATCH HIM UP and get him out there.
What are you out of your mind?

This is the f’ing playoffs.
Kelly explained it in press conference. He failed a memory test. I guess that's part of the protocol

Nd Dbs don't turn their heads and consequently can't see the ball. Its like shooting a layup with eyes closed.

Not buying it. They knew exactly what they were doing when Love went out. They may say nothing changed w their game plan but I can assure you NDs game plan changed for the worse.

One elite player being out didn’t cause you guys to lose. Ross is just a bad man. And Higgins wouldn’t make that catch 5/10 times. Etienne finally found a hole etc...Best wishes.

Kelly explained it in press conference. He failed a memory test. I guess that's part of the protocol

Is part of the protocol letting him have his helmet?
It’s on his head on the sideline.....,

It’s mind blowing!

They would have lost anyway but the game
went from 9-3 to 23-3
with the incompetence and bumbling of this situation

Or it did not matter to CU. Stop please! with this argument/excuse.
Clemson made good plays.
ND got 3 points! I read ND fans pointing out a drop on the openning drive, an 8 yd sideline out, dropped and it was a game turning point! OMG! stop this line of nonsense.

CU missed FGs, turned the all over in RZ. You miss that?
And fumble on KO was called correctly. It was out of bounds.

Kelly acknowledged CU was a little better. A little better can result in a misleading 30-3 score.

Or it did not matter to CU. Stop please! with this argument/excuse.
Clemson made good plays.
ND got 3 points! I read ND fans pointing out a drop on the openning drive, an 8 yd sideline out, dropped and it was a game turning point! OMG! stop this line of nonsense.

CU missed FGs, turned the all over in RZ. You miss that?
And fumble on KO was called correctly. It was out of bounds.

Kelly acknowledged CU was a little better. A little better can result in a misleading 30-3 score.
Not an excuse, smart play calling. In the NFL when a starting corner goes out the opponent throws at his replacement on pretty much every play until he shows he can cover.

Reactions: irishalice
I would hope Chip Long would do the same damn thing if Clemon's best corner/[player went out. Win at all cost something ND hasn't done in 30 years.

All teams exploit injuries, but Clemson isn't going to alter what they do because of a 5'10" cornerback with their 6'4" 5-star receivers. He's a nice player but let's keep it in perspective

All teams exploit injuries, but Clemson isn't going to alter what they do because of a 5'10" cornerback with their 6'4" 5-star receivers. He's a nice player but let's keep it in perspective
He’s a first team all American. He’s way better than a “nice player”.

He’s a first team all American. He’s way better than a “nice player”.
He's first team AA because he plays at ND. He's probably a 3rd round pick if he comes out this year. He's very solid but we're not talking about Deon Sanders.

Yeah, ok.
well, you're out of your mind if you don't think it helps these kids a lot by just putting on an ND uniform. and I'm NOT saying ALL guys get undeserved accolades just for showing up on campus. Jimmy Clausens comment on coming to ND " its a business decision" , Manti was a 2nd rd pick and the 3rd LB taken , totally exposed by alabama and won more hardware than any defensive player EVER--think about that for a second. wouldn't of happened if he played somewhere else. Heisman's? John Huarte? Hornung a winner off a 2-8 team over jim brown, another nd winner didn't lead his own team in passing, rushing, receiving or scoring, and another nd winner who played half a season before going into the service. if you want to believe Julian Love is some game , scheme changing difference maker because he's AA feel free. i say he's a good to very good player that gets blown up a bit because he wears an ND uniform its one of the advantages of playing here---you"re going to get a ton of visibility and you need visibility to win awards----doesnt mean its a meritocratic system

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT