ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Latest on Xavier Watts .....

Bryan Driskell

Football Analyst
Apr 19, 2015
Granger, IN
Notre Dame hit it out of the park with Omaha (Neb.) Burke wide receiver Xavier Watts this weekend.

The staff spent all weekend convincing Watts of how well he fits at Notre Dame both on and off the field, and he's sold on that notion. The idea of playing opposite Jordan Johnson is something that seems to entice Watts, and the QB commitments in the 2020 and 2021 classes and recent haul on offense hasn’t gone unnoticed either.

Irish RB commits Chris Tyree, Tosh Baker and Michael Carmody were all over Watts. According to a source I spoke with last night, Watts is someone who wants to play with other top players, and he's well aware of how good Tyree, Johnson, Baker and Drew Pyne are, and I’m told that he bonded very well with the commits on campus, and with the current group of receivers on the roster.

For Watts it comes down to staying close to home and doing what in-state kids are supposed to do in Nebraska, or branching out and taking the road less traveled and picking Notre Dame. Del Alexander and Chip Long made very clear what the path is for Watts at Notre Dame. They spent time going over exactly how Watts fit into the offense, that he wasn't just a body at wide receiver and that they actually turned away several other more highly ranked players because of how much they want Watts.

I have never been more confident in my FutureCast pick for Notre Dame than I am right now. If his recruitment is over in the near future I won’t be surprised.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News