ADVERTISEMENT

KVA update

Possibly, but these are 17 year old kids that can change their mind in a heart beat.

But the one board that really seems to be in tune to recruiting is OSU's Eleven Warriors and they've hit the nail on the head with quite a few recruits this year. Right now a few of them are calling KVA as a silent. We'll see - like I said we're dealing with kids.
Elevenwarriors has no real "insiders" all the information they get is from the actual insiders at Rivals/247 etc. Those guys are great insiders though and imo very unbiased, they tell it like it is and won't sugar coat things to sell subscriptions which I respect.

As for KVA, all the insiders feel confident that OSU leads but aren't ruling out the possibility that he stays home and plays for USC. The closer you get to a recruits commitment date the more likely they are to stay home. I think ND is running 3rd in the commitment. I know OSU recruits think KVA will be in the class.

Another recruit that both teams are in the mix for is Guerby Lambert. Except the insiders aren't confident in that recruitment at all and think it's a ND/northeast schools battle. That's where I respect our insiders, I can think of several prominent "insiders" that would blow smoke up our asses and lie about our chances just to sell subscriptions

Reactions: BGI User 1596
Elevenwarriors has no real "insiders" all the information they get is from the actual insiders at Rivals/247 etc. Those guys are great insiders though and imo very unbiased, they tell it like it is and won't sugar coat things to sell subscriptions which I respect.

As for KVA, all the insiders feel confident that OSU leads but aren't ruling out the possibility that he stays home and plays for USC. The closer you get to a recruits commitment date the more likely they are to stay home. I think ND is running 3rd in the commitment. I know OSU recruits think KVA will be in the class.

Another recruit that both teams are in the mix for is Guerby Lambert. Except the insiders aren't confident in that recruitment at all and think it's a ND/northeast schools battle. That's where I respect our insiders, I can think of several prominent "insiders" that would blow smoke up our asses and lie about our chances just to sell subscriptions
Gosh, Thanks.

I will write this down.

As an 18 year old I get the allure but knowing what I know now, LA is absolute garbage and would rather live in South Dakota. Choosing ND takes a kid who’s mature beyond his years
It does & throw in a more old school approach to college life where you have to live in the dorms with the student body, harder academics and a slower social life and it makes it tough to find 25 high level football players to buy in.

Reactions: tbone3114
down to ND and LSU
Where did you get this as it's the 1st time I've seen LSU in the mix. Depending on the source, it's been an USC, OSU and ND battle up to now. Did he take a visit to LSU ? If true, LSU came out of nowhere

Reactions: baron100
Where did you get this as it's the 1st time I've seen LSU in the mix. Depending on the source, it's been an USC, OSU and ND battle up to now. Did he take a visit to LSU ? If true, LSU came out of nowhere
you are entirely correct

yes, that is the question now, I thought it was inferred so I was repeating something that was not said.

ND will never consistently recruit nationally until a proven top rated coach replaces Freeman. Personality and the ND aura naturally brings in a few elite guys but I don't see KVA choosing us. Beating OSU and USC on the field would actually legitimize Freeman which is the missing piece of the puzzle.

ND will never consistently recruit nationally until a proven top rated coach replaces Freeman. Personality and the ND aura naturally brings in a few elite guys but I don't see KVA choosing us. Beating OSU and USC on the field would actually legitimize Freeman which is the missing piece of the puzzle.
We already do consistently recruit nationally

We already do recruit well nationally

Let me rephrase, third best in recruiting nationally out of the border states mentioned and third best team out of the border states. Maybe 4th best team if you count Cincy. I’d hate to play Kentucky.

So out of the 4 states that border Indiana, Notre Dame is most definitely third best in recruiting and certainly no better than 3-5 best team on the field.

Last edited:
Let me rephrase, third best in recruiting nationally out of the border states mentioned and third best team out of the border states. Maybe 4th best team if you count Cincy. I’d hate to play Kentucky.

So out of the 4 states that border Indiana, Notre Dame is most definitely third best in recruiting and certainly no better than 3-5 best team on the field.
And 6th nationally with how many recruits from different states? Not sure how you can argue ND doesn’t recruit nationally? No leg to stand on there, how many IN guys does ND recruit compared to OSU and Ohio? UM and Michigan? Alabama in state? USC and Cali?

Reactions: BGI User 756
And 6th nationally with how many recruits from different states? Not sure how you can argue ND doesn’t recruit nationally? No leg to stand on there, how many IN guys does ND recruit compared to OSU and Ohio? UM and Michigan? Alabama in state? USC and Cali?

6th nationally? Do you even follow recruiting? It will finish 18th.

By th way, KVA just changed his insta photo to him wearing Buckeye gear according to other boards. Way to stay current rivals.

I am not saying we don't recruit nationally. What I am saying is we lose key prospects because not only do we get beat out by the top teams and coaches but also to the local teams i.e. Ga Tech and Arizona recently. We are 6th now. Unless Freeman starts winning consistently the ranking will drop and recruiting nationally will become more difficult.

I am not saying we don't recruit nationally. What I am saying is we lose key prospects because not only do we get beat out by the top teams and coaches but also to the local teams i.e. Ga Tech and Arizona recently. We are 6th now. Unless Freeman starts winning consistently the ranking will drop and recruiting nationally will become more difficult.

Doesn’t matter if we recruit nationally but finish between 12-20 every year with a second year head coach who was a mediocre DC statistically.

8th last year in player avg

23 class ND 12th Michigan 17th

22 class ND 7th Michigan 9th

21 class ND 9th Michigan 13th

24 class ND 6th Michigan 4th. But they have 5 more commits. We will pass them if we sign close to their amount of prospects

Let me rephrase, you are a moron

24 class ND 6th Michigan 4th. But they have 5 more commits. We will pass them if we sign close to their amount of prospects

Chaseball level.

You said Kelly can’t recruit 🤣🤣

6th nationally? Do you even follow recruiting? It will finish 18th.
Didn’t you quote current rankings? You cherry pick this “mid west rankings” mid recruiting season when Golson clearly pointed out ND has been better than UM over the past 3 years. Just a NARP

Reactions: BGI User 756
No serious person would call 22 Freemans class. You have lost it.
He was responsible for the defensive part of the class as he was the DC and then HC. The players committed to him and then signed with him as HC. Period

On offense the players signed to play for him. They could have left and went to the previous coach or anywhere else but didn't. Also, Schrauth and Payne committed with MF as HC

It was multiple people but if you're going to give that class to 1 person is definitely MF and it's really that simple

Reactions: theskibro
He was responsible for the defensive part of the class as he was the DC and then HC. The players committed to him and then signed with him as HC. Period

On offense the players signed to play for him. They could have left and went to the previous coach or anywhere else but didn't. Also, Schrauth and Payne committed with MF as HC

It was multiple people but if you're going to give that class to 1 person is definitely MF and it's really that
No serious person would say Michigan has been out recruiting us but you said it

We disagree on a lot. We agree here.

I do not believe Golson has lost anything; however, Marcus Freeman is not the CEO of the 2022 Notre Dame Football recruiting class. Brian Kelly is.

We disagree on a lot. We agree here.

I do not believe Golson has lost anything; however, Marcus Freeman is not the CEO of the 2022 Notre Dame Football recruiting class. Brian Kelly is.
No one who follows recruiting closely would say that wasnt MFs class. Or at least say he wasn't the most responsible for it of a group of contributing people

No one who follows recruiting closely would say that wasnt MFs class. Or at least say he wasn't the most responsible for it of a group of contributing people

Everyone besides you would say it wasn’t his class. All HC’s hire assistants that can recruit. Day’s classes are not Hartline’s classes. All Freeman did is bring stability and save the class from crumbling. Essentially every recruit signed was committed to or close to committing to ND when Kelly was the HC. Your opinion is stupid.

Everyone besides you would say it wasn’t his class. All HC’s hire assistants that can recruit. Day’s classes are not Hartline’s classes. All Freeman did is bring stability and save the class from crumbling. Essentially every recruit signed was committed to or close to committing to ND when Kelly was the HC. Your opinion is stupid.
He was the reason the defensive class was so good. Then he was the coach they signed to play for. Then he signed 2 players himself

You're so stupid and wrong it's funny. The ND staff wasnt even recruiting Jaylen Sneed before MF got here lol. He didn't have an offer lol.

And they always could have went to LSU and play for that coach. Did they?

He was the reason the defensive class was so good. Then he was the coach they signed to play for. Then he signed 2 players himself

You're so stupid and wrong it's funny. The ND staff wasnt even recruiting Jaylen Sneed before MF got here lol. He didn't have an offer lol.

And they always could have went to LSU and play for that coach. Did they?
Brian Kelly hired Marcus Freeman.

Loy says ND is confident. Singer says iffy. Loy has been wrong a lot as of late. Singer is usually level headed. Driskell usually optimistic.

Either way, he’s talked to Hamilton, Manti, and Jaylon Smith recently so it sounds like he is quite serious. Get this one and Lambert and you save the class for the most part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT