ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly Tantrum

Typical Kelly after a loss. Says he’s gotta do a better job (just to sound as if he’s mad at himself when he’s really not) while throwing his players under the bus. So glad that ahole is gone. So far his desire to “be w/ the best” has worse results than when he was w/ lowly ND.

I think he should have hired a top notch OC. For play calling and recruiting. I think people have underestimated USC. They got some players especially that QB. BKs meltdown is a bad look. It's appalling.

Reactions: BGI User 1596
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a failure" - Knute Rockne

I think he should have hired a top notch OC. For play calling and recruiting. I think people have underestimated USC. They got some players especially that QB. BKs meltdown is a bad look. It's appalling.
I feel like we chastise coaches for being inauthentic and then the moment they show raw emotion and don't put up a politically correct front we trash them.

I couldn’t care less about him being upset about the loss and showing emotion. It’s the throwing his players under the bus every single time he loses a game that rubs people the wrong way, at least it does me.

Reactions: BGI User 756
I feel like we chastise coaches for being inauthentic and then the moment they show raw emotion and don't put up a politically correct front we trash them.
That was anything but emotion, it was clearly not real. We’ve seen his real, that was as fake and inauthentic as it gets. He didn’t turn purple.. queue the clip of tongue out yelling at TJ Jones, that’s was real..but not because he cares about anything besides his own ass

I really feel that Kelly leaving ND and Freeman replacing him is divine intervention. One represents and the other doesn't. It's so obvious.
Then the serpent came in and told us to eat of the fruit of the BK coaching shrub,

That was anything but emotion, it was clearly not real. We’ve seen his real, that was as fake and inauthentic as it gets. He didn’t turn purple.. queue the clip of tongue out yelling at TJ Jones, that’s was real..but not because he cares about anything besides his own ass
I watched more BK press conferences than anybody 😁 I thought it was awkward more than inauthentic he was struggling on whether to display his emotions in the moment (these guys are coached endlessly on how to handle the media--and BK just had a bad moment) and the whole thing came off awkwardly and the loss didn't help.

Brian Kelly has a big ego and he's trying to show everybody he's one of the best post Saban era coaches. And this loss doesn't help his legacy. And he's pissed off about it and you can tell.

Last edited:
I watched more BK press conferences than anybody 😁 I thought it was awkward more than inauthentic he was struggling on whether to display his emotions in the moment (these guys are coached endlessly on how to handle the media--and BK just had a bad moment) and the whole thing came off awkwardly and the loss didn't help.

Brian Kelly has a big ego and he's trying to show everybody he's one of the best post Saban era coaches. And this loss doesn't help his legacy. And he's pissed off about it and you can tell.
You touched on something important..it’s always been about him and his legacy (which won’t sniff the jocks of anybody worth a lick when it’s all said and done). Great coaches understand this is about the players, not you. He’s wreaked of that arrogance and it’s been clear

This one loss in this new playoff era doesn't really mean all that much, but it doesn't help the future prospects of the team regardless. USC isn't supposed to be that good this year, and the loss could mean that LSU is not that good either. But BK has had some early season clunkers in the past and still produced some really good teams by the end of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT