ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly said every position was up for grabs.

Walruzz

ND Expert
Sep 6, 2001
Wonder if Swarbick told BK the same thing.

While I'm not a football mind, do we realistically have other options than BK at this point? I know the big names are often fodder for this board, but do I leave an A&M or a Houston for this job? Money is a push. Recruiting is more extensive and national (the average player currently playing Houston lived less than 30 miles away at the time if his recruiting.) What is the draw here? It's a pressure cooker that causes our coaches and players to wilt.

I love ND, but our selling points are decidedly old-school in the new school game. We are attempting to mix the two, but the script needs to be flipped. We need to be old-school on the field, and new-school on the recruiting trail. Despite my abject hatred for (and let's face it, it's a combination of envy and resentment not hatred) the success Michigan is having this season, Harbaugh acts out-of-his-damned-mind on the trail, but gets it done old school on the field. Seems like we made a needed paradigm shift, but messed up the math somewhere. Uniform changes and gold cleats? Band-AIDS on a serious wound.

My 2 cents, and that is usually all they are worth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT