ADVERTISEMENT

jurkovec

NotreDame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 29, 2015
Nice that he got in. Hopefully that small amount of pt will silence some of the people who think he’s already as good as Tom Brady. Stars mean little and Book should’ve been a 5 Star. PJ has a way to go as should be expected of a true fresh. Fire up!

Reactions: Kelso86 and rgc7
Brings me to another point. This shows that we need Brandon. If he doesn’t get a lot of PT I feel he will for sure transfer. PJ has a long ways to go.

I think it’s a little premature to say that he has “a long ways to go” based on a few plays in his first time in a college game. I have no idea if he’ll be good or not or how long it will take him but making any evaluations at this point is way too early, don’t you think?

Reactions: Kelso86
I think it’s a little premature to say that he has “a long ways to go” based on a few plays in his first time in a college game. I have no idea if he’ll be good or not or how long it will take him but making any evaluations at this point is way too early, don’t you think?
I agree. I'm sure Wimbush got 90% of the B reps in practice last week. You give Jurkovic those reps and he is much more ready to play. That was just a get your feet wet feel of the game appearance on Saturday that, under the new rules, doesn't cost him eligibility. If Book goes down, Wimbush is the QB.

Hilarious...he has a

Lllllloooooooooonnnnnggggggg way to go.

W
T
F
E

You've no idea how ready he is or isn't.

BW can't play the position...or at least under Brian Kelly he can't. Why keep the square peg round hole going? Even if backup.

Reactions: Java65
Wrong. He has a long ways to go. It’s obvious. It’s also okay. He’s a tf.

In that he’s not going to be a starter this year?
That’s true.

In that it’s impossible for him to win the starting job next year?
Not true.

So it really depends what you’re trying to say was such a vague phrase.

Phil is redshirting. Wimbush is the backup if book goes down. Its not even a discussion.
Just like when I told you BW would not be the teams starter by years you said no way
CLEARLY Wimbush is the starter and much better than anything we have.

In other words you nary a clue what happens next.

Reactions: francade
Phil has played 6 snaps. We have no idea where he would be if forced to start a game. Goodness this thread is garbage.

They are not messing much with Phil's throwing motion. Coaches have already said it's not the best, but he gets it out fast and accurate with a lot of zip

Hilarious...he has a

Lllllloooooooooonnnnnggggggg way to go.

W
T
F
E

You've no idea how ready he is or isn't.

BW can't play the position...or at least under Brian Kelly he can't. Why keep the square peg round hole going? Even if backup.
nor do you...

He's 12-3 as a starter. We can win with despite him at QB. He's the backup.
Fixed it for ya. Seems like a great kid and he's a fantastic athlete but he's not a QB.

As for Jurkovec nobody has seen nearly enough to know if he's ready to be the backup.

Reactions: 88ND
Fixed it for ya. Seems like a great kid and he's a fantastic athlete but he's not a QB.

As for Jurkovec nobody has seen nearly enough to know if he's ready to be the backup.

We won games against Michigan, Michigan State, USC, and NC State because of Wimbush, not in spite of him.

He's just not consistent enough and we need him to develop consistency faster than he has been.

Reactions: mirer03
We won games against Michigan, Michigan State, USC, and NC State because of Wimbush, not in spite of him.

He's just not consistent enough and we need him to develop consistency faster than he has been.
No one so far has said he looks like Montana

In that he’s not going to be a starter this year?
That’s true.

In that it’s impossible for him to win the starting job next year?
Not true.

So it really depends what you’re trying to say was such a vague phrase.

Just saying he’s not as good yet as Book. Who knows lots of overated 5 stars. Especially at quarterback position. Book should’ve been a 5 star.

Just saying he’s not as good yet as Book. Who knows lots of overated 5 stars. Especially at quarterback position. Book should’ve been a 5 star.

He’s not as ready to play right now as the book is, I would agree with that.

But he’s a vastly superior talent to book, because Brooke had absolutely no business being ranked anywhere near 5* status.

Just like when I told you BW would not be the teams starter by years you said no way
CLEARLY Wimbush is the starter and much better than anything we have.

In other words you nary a clue what happens next.

No i have an opinion like every other ND fan.

The sun shines on your hairy ass today. Good for you.

Jerkobit needs more work on his throwing motion ... redshirting this year.
They are not changing his throwing motion. He has a similar one to philip rivers and it hasnt hurt him. Rees already said that its not a concern for them going forward.

With Wimbush in the game, there is the feeling that any play could go the distance, whether it be a QB run or the long bomb downfield, set up by the threat that Wimbush might take off.

Book? He is proficient, but he just does not put that kind of pressure on a D. Can his engineering long drives and avoiding that turnover or big mistakes be more successful? We will see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT