ADVERTISEMENT

Junior Day

NDIRISH53

Posts Like A Champion
Aug 13, 2016
When is it? Any details anyone knows about? Which big recruits will be there + any potential commits?

When is it? Any details anyone knows about? Which big recruits will be there + any potential commits?

All the current commits will be there and according to information collected from all TOS, it looks like Micah Jones, Braden Lenzy, Dallas Gant, Malik Vann and potentially Kalon Gervin will be on campus. Would have loved to get Simon, the Ademilola's teammate to come with them.

somebody posted on another board that the people at ISD think Micah Jones could be our next commit. don't know his 40 but he is listed at about 6-4 0r 6-5 and about 190 and plus another Chicago area kid. gotta get the Chicago kids when their good with Chicago being in south bend's own back yard

somebody posted on another board that the people at ISD think Micah Jones could be our next commit. don't know his 40 but he is listed at about 6-4 0r 6-5 and about 190 and plus another Chicago area kid. gotta get the Chicago kids when their good with Chicago being in south bend's own back yard
I have read that his 40 time is around a 4.7.. At his size, he could be a TE down the road. I would love to get him on board soon.

Jones is a "W" receiver, not a tight end. He's 6'4.5, 190lbs. He'd have to gain 50lbs to play TE at Notre Dame. That's not going to happen.

He'll be a 6'4.5, 220lb boundary receiver who runs high 4.6, low 4.7, in the mold of Miles Boykin or Mo Stovall. Maybe you get lucky and he becomes a Jonathan Baldwin clone. Remember that guy for Pitt? Just bullied ND.

Reactions: Kelso86
Jones is a "W" receiver, not a tight end. He's 6'4.5, 190lbs. He'd have to gain 50lbs to play TE at Notre Dame. That's not going to happen.

He'll be a 6'4.5, 220lb boundary receiver who runs high 4.6, low 4.7, in the mold of Miles Boykin or Mo Stovall. Maybe you get lucky and he becomes a Jonathan Baldwin clone. Remember that guy for Pitt? Just bullied ND.
What are the chances that Boykin contributes this year? Is he just too slow to be an impact WR at this level?

What are the chances that Boykin contributes this year? Is he just too slow to be an impact WR at this level?

Speed is not the issue for Boykin, catching the ball is. He's plenty big, strong and physical to play and got reps last year to spell St. Brown, unfortunately, he had key drops that were right in his hands. He'll have to rectify that issue this off season or Claypool is going to quickly pass him up.

Speed is not the issue for Boykin, catching the ball is. He's plenty big, strong and physical to play and got reps last year to spell St. Brown, unfortunately, he had key drops that were right in his hands. He'll have to rectify that issue this off season or Claypool is going to quickly pass him up.
Damn I'm excited to see Claypool in action. Would love it if he really has a great off season and takes huge steps forward next season.

Since you guys have a ton more info on thes recruits / players than I do, I pose a simple question...

With our perceived elite depth at wide receiver, which guys stand out to you the most as possible transitions to positions of need?

Aka our defensive secondary? We already know these receivers have an eye for the ball, but can they translate that into a defensive scheme and because stars (KeiVarie (sp?) Russel comes to mind).

Just curious if the thoughts, or if anyone has heard any inside rumblings regarding positions tryouts / swaps?

Damn I'm excited to see Claypool in action. Would love it if he really has a great off season and takes huge steps forward next season.

I'm excited to see Claypool develop asnwell. The sky is the limit for him with that level of athleticism. That said, I would have been even more excited had Hunter Jr returned, Mckinley been 100% heading into spring ball and one of Tarik Black, Osiris St. Brown, Paulson Adebo, Hezekiah Jones or Oliver Martin signed with ND, so that Mike Elko could have said "son, I know you like to play wide receiver, but they bred you in a lab to be a 6'4, 230lb rover in my defense." Just a freak athlete who could play at all levels of the defense, which is what you want from your rover.

Since you guys have a ton more info on thes recruits / players than I do, I pose a simple question...

With our perceived elite depth at wide receiver, which guys stand out to you the most as possible transitions to positions of need?

Aka our defensive secondary? We already know these receivers have an eye for the ball, but can they translate that into a defensive scheme and because stars (KeiVarie (sp?) Russel comes to mind).

Just curious if the thoughts, or if anyone has heard any inside rumblings regarding positions tryouts / swaps?

Expecting it to look like this....

WR(W): EQ St. Brown
2. Miles Boykin / Chase Claypool / Aliz'e Jones

WR (X): Kevin Stepherson
2. Javon Mckinley
3. Jafar Armstrong

WR (Z): CJ Sanders
2. Chis Finke
3. Michael Young

Secondary will be made up of some combination including Donte Vaughn, Nick Watkins, Julian Love, Troy Pride, Jalen Elliot, Devin Studstill, Isaiah Robertson.

Reactions: irishsportsfan
Expecting it to look like this....

WR(W): EQ St. Brown
2. Miles Boykin / Chase Claypool / Aliz'e Jones

WR (X): Kevin Stepherson
2. Javon Mckinley
3. Jafar Armstrong

WR (Z): CJ Sanders
2. Chis Finke
3. Michael Young

Secondary will be made up of some combination including Donte Vaughn, Nick Watkins, Julian Love, Troy Pride, Jalen Elliot, Devin Studstill, Isaiah Robertson.
Are you not expecting Shawn Crawford to make a full recovery?

Don't think that any WR will be switching positions. Have not heard of any.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT