ADVERTISEMENT

June Visits

Kontiki09

ND Expert
Sep 29, 2018
I know we’ve talked about this some, but does anyone have a list of the recruits coming in June? Would love to see a list

Reactions: IrishBeer
I know we’ve talked about this some, but does anyone have a list of the recruits coming in June? Would love to see a list

I see IIO is over at the IB board. That board is crickets. Like one post every few days. I wish he’d come back on here with a different handle at least. He alsways had a way of gathering such intel. Maybe he works for them, who knows.

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
So far, this is what I can find...

Micah Bell 2023 cornerback
Calvin Simpson-Hunt 2023 cornerback
Jaden Greathouse 2023 receiver
Edit: Rodney Gallagher 2023 receiver (cancelled visit)
Jason Moore 2023 DE
Caleb Downs 2023 S
Rico Flores 2023 receiver
Monroe Freeling 2023 OL
Jayden Limar 2023 RB
Christian Gray 2023 cornerback
Ronan Hanafin 2023 athlete
Justin Scott 2024 DL
Braylon James 2023 receiver
Corey Smith 2024 running back
Kam Davis 2024 RB
Micah Tease 2023 Ath
Jaiden Ausberry 2023 LB

Last edited:
So far, this is what I can find...

Corey Smith 2024 running back
Micah Bell 2023 cornerback
Calvin Simpson-Hunt 2023 cornerback
Jaden Greathouse 2023 receiver
Rodney Gallagher 2023 receiver
Jason Moore 2023 DE
Rico Flores 2023 receiver
Monroe Freeling 2023 OL
Jayden Limar 2023 RB
Christian Gray 2023 cornerback
Ronan Hanafin 2023 athlete
Holy crap that is a crazy talented group of recruits. Wow.

Holy crap that is a crazy talented group of recruits. Wow.
Yes it is. And that's only the players I can find after reading news articles. There are likely several more than that. I find it a bit concerning that Dante isn't on that list. Perhaps he's coming and it's not being reported. I think this June 10 visit could be a chance to connect with all the guys, put the finishing touches on his recruitment, but I fear he likely has more officials this summer instead.

I think I saw Samuel M'Pemba is coming the weekend of June 17th. And read that Dante Moore was supposedly coming that weekend as well, but that one was unconfirmed.

TOS has M'Pemba on the 17th. Jaiden Ausberry the weekend of the 10th along with Micah Tease.

Regardless of how the team finishes in the rankings...I think a quarterback is a must get. Others disagree...but the current stable of quarterbacks does not scream "we are loaded".

Last edited:
Regardless of how the team finishes in the rankings...I think a quarterback is a must get. Others disagree...but the current stable of quarterbacks does not scream (we are loaded).

Not at all. I agree. We are lacking a talented freshman like JJ M at Mich. that can come in if our starter goes down.

Buchner is our Mccarthy. Same grade. Who is their freshman qb
I'm talking about Buchner's Mccarthy. Last year they had that. And if we're going to go there, Mccarthy was a 5 star. Buchner was a 4. People can make all the excuses they want, but it is what it is. I hope he's good, but he screwed the pooch at the elite 11 and hasn't shown he's a premier passer yet. I think if Rees is good, Buchner will be developed to be an elite passer. If he's not, it's on Rees.

I'm talking about Buchner's Mccarthy. Last year they had that. And if we're going to go there, Mccarthy was a 5 star. Buchner was a 4. People can make all the excuses they want, but it is what it is. I hope he's good, but he screwed the pooch at the elite 11 and hasn't shown he's a premier passer yet. I think if Rees is good, Buchner will be developed to be an elite passer. If he's not, it's on Rees.
Who cares about 4 or 5. Elite 11 is irrelevant. Buchner is as good or better a prospect as Mccarthy.

Time will tell

There's also the chance that a player commits to another team and then looks toward the transfer portal a year or two down the line when a coaching change happens. Having some history certainly can't hurt in that situation.

I see IIO is over at the IB board. That board is crickets. Like one post every few days. I wish he’d come back on here with a different handle at least. He alsways had a way of gathering such intel. Maybe he works for them, who knows.
No one goes on the free board because it's relatively cheap to be premium there.

The premium board there is top notch.

Reactions: IrishBeer
Jeremiyah Love is now confirmed for an OV June 17-19. Speeeeeeeeedy 4* RB from MO. June is a MONSTER month. MF continues to completely embarrass Kelly’s recruiting legacy (or lack thereof)

Reactions: Golson5
How's the traffic on the paid IB board? I may join, but didn't want to join unless it's as busy as it is here.
It's very good. Ib staff posts usually daily if not more with Intel, recruiting, or some sort of post. If you watch any of their YouTube channel it's similar information broken much earlier.

No opinion stuff there. They boot anyone that doesn't align with the spirit of the board and do a good job keeping everyone focused on football.

Just checked 3 official Intel pieces posted today, that as far as I can tell haven't been posted here or anywhere else.

It's very good. Ib staff posts usually daily if not more with Intel, recruiting, or some sort of post. If you watch any of their YouTube channel it's similar information broken much earlier.

No opinion stuff there. They boot anyone that doesn't align with the spirit of the board and do a good job keeping everyone focused on football.

Just checked 3 official Intel pieces posted today, that as far as I can tell haven't been posted here or anywhere else.

That’s good. There are a handful of good posters here but it has fallen hard in the past few years. First ND35 left. Then IIO was run off the board. There’s just not much substance.

Add Micah Tease for June 10!

That’s good. There are a handful of good posters here but it has fallen hard in the past few years. First ND35 left. Then IIO was run off the board. There’s just not much substance.

Add Micah Tease for June 10!
IIO wasn’t run off the board, lol. He made a bet and lost. Almost everyone told him that it wasn’t a serious bet, including the individual he made the bet with, but he decided to leave nonetheless. And this was even after many asked that he stay. I think he was probably just a little fed up, or maybe his ego was a little bruised. He was a good poster regardless of the reason.

Reactions: 1Redrum
IIO wasn’t run off the board, lol. He made a bet and lost. Almost everyone told him that it wasn’t a serious bet, including the individual he made the bet with, but he decided to leave nonetheless. And this was even after many asked that he stay. I think he was probably just a little fed up, or maybe his ego was a little bruised. He was a good poster regardless of the reason.

I know. I like Bodi. But I do know there were some people here that hated him because he criticized BK and 99% of what he said was reality instead of overzealous fan boy crap that is often the only acceptable dogma. There was no agreement that he couldn’t rejoin with a new handle from what I understand? I respect his commitment. He’s certainly a man of his word. But there are always clauses that everyone would respect. He was attacked by the bandwagon witch hunters on here that desire the love of fellow board members over their own identity and integrity. Not surprising as it’s a societal problem in general. Has been for most of human history, actually. Weird loser folks that gravitate towards the mob for fear of their own head. I think he left because he realized how lame it got here. Those are the same people now bashing BK. They’re simply hypocrites. I’ve been here essentially from the beginning. I used to post under a handle that most wouldn’t remember but I stopped posting like 2010 or so. Literally just read posts for like 11 years and decided to come back in 2021. There’s certainly a major slant against criticism of any kid on this board. Kind of to the point where you’re a fan boy or else. I do like the optimism, but I was super negative about Weis and had to jet. I literally took the entire BK era off and came back for MF 😂. I got Weis level excited about MF. I enjoyed the BK era without posting. He did some good and bad stuff and I was pretty bummed when he left. I was hoping they’d hire Freeman but I was pretty certain they were going to hire a non recruiter proven coach guy. I like that they took a risk. After 20+ years of drought, we needed a guy that actually played at a high level and can recruit. I know there are some folks that think playing at a high level doesn’t matter but I disagree. I “played” wrestled in college and the experience of actually doing it at the highest level matters a lot, at least in that sport. I’m not a football guru, so the technicalities might be different. I do know in college and Olympic wrestling, you’re never going to be a good coach if you weren’t elite at the sport. The nuances and extremism required to be elite can only be taught by someone that’s been there. Recruiting is my biggest interest so I just sort of bowed out under BK as I was bored with his recruiting and just enjoyed the games. The hum drum of the board was illegitimate in the face of mediocre recruiting. It was like beating your head against a wall for 11 years. BK maxed the potential of his recruiting. He was a “great” coach. Mediocre recruiter. He’s a dangerous SOB at LSU imo. We’ve had some legends come and go here. ND35 was my favorite all time. IIO was my second.

Last edited:
Richard Young is a freaking maniac. His head coach is hopeful ND does very well on his visit. Seems to value the education. I would be SHOCKED if he even put us in his top 3, but crazy shit can happen when you get on campus.

There’s a chance we take 3 backs. I think Logan Diggs is going to transfer. Likely just Limar, but if Young shocked the world and wanted in, we’d take him.

Anyone watch film on Avery Johnson? Sounds like he's the only viable "backup" plan. Dante is continuing to trend away from ND it seems.

Anyone watch film on Avery Johnson? Sounds like he's the only viable "backup" plan. Dante is continuing to trend away from ND it seems.
Avery is solid, but I don’t think he’s the answer at QB if we wanna make a legitimate push for a NC. Been saying for over a month now that Dante isn’t coming. Feels like he’s looking for a reason to go elsewhere. At this point I’m most concerned about keeping Keeley in the class.

Avery is solid, but I don’t think he’s the answer at QB if we wanna make a legitimate push for a NC. Been saying for over a month now that Dante isn’t coming. Feels like he’s looking for a reason to go elsewhere. At this point I’m most concerned about keeping Keeley in the class.
Not true. But Keeley is definitely the most important player in this class outside of Moore. He's a better prospect than Moore but he doesn't play qb. We have to keep him

Reactions: Kontiki09
I agree. I think Keeley will stick. I personally hope they go after Arnold, but I am not sure he'd want ND at this point as OK is a big time program and loved him early. If Rees misses Moore MF needs to move on with a new OC or find someone with the ability to recruit QB. We can't recruit this well and drop the ball at the most important position.

Last edited:
I agree. I think Keeley will stick. I personally hope they go after Arnold, but I am not sure he'd want ND at this point as OK is a big time program and loved him early. If Rees misses Moore MF needs to move on with a new OC or find someone with the ability to recruit QB. We can't recruit this well and drop the ball at the most important position.
Eh, I get the frustration with Rees, but I’m 99% sure that pretty much the entire ND staff is recruiting Moore. ND is in somewhat of a tough spot, offensively, when it comes to recruiting. We haven’t exactly been the super flashy, high scoring teams like OK or OSU, nor have we legitimately competed for a NC (or even playoff game) in a long time. I think that changes, but at times it really feels like we are recruiting “from behind” so to speak. Dunno if that’s a Rees thing, but I can tell you it’s certainly an issue that Brian Kelly never cared to address through hard work on the recruiting trail. He didn’t leave the cupboard empty, but he certainly didn’t leave it full either. At least offensively.

Eh, I get the frustration with Rees, but I’m 99% sure that pretty much the entire ND staff is recruiting Moore. ND is in somewhat of a tough spot, offensively, when it comes to recruiting. We haven’t exactly been the super flashy, high scoring teams like OK or OSU, nor have we legitimately competed for a NC (or even playoff game) in a long time. I think that changes, but at times it really feels like we are recruiting “from behind” so to speak. Dunno if that’s a Rees thing, but I can tell you it’s certainly an issue that Brian Kelly never cared to address through hard work on the recruiting trail. He didn’t leave the cupboard empty, but he certainly didn’t leave it full either. At least offensively.
The issue is he dropped the ball last year by going after the 327th player in the country. While a nice backup, nobody on the podcasts or that follows recruiting and the program thinks Angeli is capable of leading the team to a NC or has any business starting at ND. Anyone with an ounce of credibility says this year is absolutely essential that we get a great QB. 5 star QB Drew Allar liked ND a lot last cycle and was not recruited seriously at all by ND, which was pure laziness. Instead, PSU pulled a 5 star QB out of Ohio while Drew openly stated that ND didn't try hard enough for him. That's unacceptable. If he misses on Moore, he will be most responsible for the major dearth in our program at the most important position in all of sports during a unique time where we recruited every other position at an elite level. There are at least 15 OC's I'd love over Rees. Pay them and they'll come. I'd rather have Hartline than Rees, but there are plenty of others.

Last edited:
The issue is he dropped the ball last year by going after the 327th player in the country. While a nice backup, nobody on the podcasts or that follows recruiting and the program thinks Angeli is capable of leading the team to a NC or has any business starting at ND. Anyone with an ounce of credibility says this year is absolutely essential that we get a great QB. 5 star QB Drew Allar liked ND a lot last cycle and was not recruited seriously at all by ND, which was pure laziness. Instead, PSU pulled a 5 star QB out of Ohio while Drew openly stated that ND didn't try hard enough for him. That's unacceptable. If he misses on Moore, he will be most responsible for the major dearth in our program at the most important position in all of sports during a unique time where we recruited every other position at an elite level. There are at least 15 OC's I'd love over Rees. Pay them and they'll come. I'd rather have Hartline than Rees, but there are plenty of others.
This could very well be his final year. Let’s see how he does.

What happens if ND lands Moore but Buchner is as good as advertised. Moore never plays a snap at ND and enters the portal after his Freshman year. Better build depth in the QB room.

What happens if ND lands Moore but Buchner is as good as advertised. Moore never plays a snap at ND and enters the portal after his Freshman year. Better build depth in the QB room.
You're assuming a lot there

That makes no sense. If Buchner is good he’ll be gone and Moore would start as a sophomore. Actually Notre Dame offers him the earliest playing time. If he’s as good as a lot think he is and Buchner ends up a bust, he could even beat out TB or they could both play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT