ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Johnson

Good to hear. People on here have been saying that he is small. Not that that matters but I find it interesting

You can find out Saturday
What was tonight’s game? Pyne and Tyree played. Anyone know how they did? I only watched the last 2 minutes and Ed Reeds dumbass played the other qb and he sucked and went 3 and out and they lost.

What was tonight’s game? Pyne and Tyree played. Anyone know how they did? I only watched the last 2 minutes and Ed Reeds dumbass played the other qb and he sucked and went 3 and out and they lost.
I just posted this in another thread. Pyne was by far the best QB on his team and likely in the game. He was given 3 drives and led his team to scores on all 3 drives. His team only scored one other time. This is what the box score looked like:

Here was his TD pass:

And here he is handing off to Tyree at the goal line for a TD:

Tyree got the start at RB but they didn't feed him the ball much. It was good to see him get the TD. He also returned punts so that should be interesting if he gets in the mix for PR this fall.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Team Savage should’ve given Pyne that last drive. He rushed on a few early throws, but settled down nicely. As soon as they put in that other kid for the potential game winning drive. I knew it was over. Pyne was the only QB they had that played well. In fact, he looked like the best QB for both teams. Disappointed they didn’t get Tyree at least a couple more carries too.

he made an amazing one handed catch this week in practice with a Nebraska verbal all over him

was like a centerfielder reaching out for an effortless running one handed catch!
might be the best WR prospect at ND since Tim Brown. Fluid, fast, versitile and strong. Gonna be special.

Reactions: IrishMike409
was like a centerfielder reaching out for an effortless running one handed catch!
might be the best WR prospect at ND since Tim Brown. Fluid, fast, versitile and strong. Gonna be special.

I'll wait to see if he's Golden Tate good before we start comparing him to either of the GOATS at ND, Michael Floyd or Tim Brown.

Reactions: IrishMike409
I'll wait to see if he's Golden Tate good before we start comparing him to either of the GOATS at ND, Michael Floyd or Tim Brown.

very different that Tate or Floyd. Much more fluid and natural.
He has skills, let’s see where they take him.

very different that Tate or Floyd. Much more fluid and natural.
He has skills, let’s see where they take him.

I'm not comparing him to either from a skill set standpoint. I understand why you used the Tim Brown comparison. They're similar in skill set and size.

But I need to see major numbers and major production (relative to today's offenses) before I start putting up there with those guys. A couple 1100+ yard, 10+ TD seasons would be nice. Floyd was also a menacing blocker. Just bullied people on the edge. Johnson doesn't have that kind of size but I wonder if he has the "want to" out there.

I'm not comparing him to either from a skill set standpoint. I understand why you used the Tim Brown comparison. They're similar in skill set and size.

But I need to see major numbers and major production (relative to today's offenses) before I start putting up there with those guys. A couple 1100+ yard, 10+ TD seasons would be nice. Floyd was also a menacing blocker. Just bullied people on the edge. Johnson doesn't have that kind of size but I wonder if he has the "want to" out there.

no one is making claims just current physical comparisons

People are sleeping on Pyne.

Probably because of size. He’s listed at 6’, but looks shorter than that. Good instincts, better than expected athleticism, high character Notre Dame type of kid.

But in today’s landscape, to win a CFP, you have to bring your own talent to match up with the Lawrence/Fields/Tua/Burrow/Watson/Murray/etc., type of talent. Seems unlikely that Pyne is that, but I, glad he chose ND.

Probably because of size. He’s listed at 6’, but looks shorter than that. Good instincts, better than expected athleticism, high character Notre Dame type of kid.

But in today’s landscape, to win a CFP, you have to bring your own talent to match up with the Lawrence/Fields/Tua/Burrow/Watson/Murray/etc., type of talent. Seems unlikely that Pyne is that, but I, glad he chose ND.
Where do you get better than expected athleticism? He scrambled in the game yesterday and I thought he had a walk in TD bur the horseshoe in his back pocket slowed him down.

Where do you get better than expected athleticism? He scrambled in the game yesterday and I thought he had a walk in TD bur the horseshoe in his back pocket slowed him down.
Hes a decent athlete. Hes not unathletic

It wasn't a walk-in TD. Not by a longshot, especially when you consider he was going against elite competition. He got as much as anyone could have expected out of that play and probably at least a yard more. Look at the video again and tell me how he was supposed to beat no. 23 to the end zone. And keep in mind, he started his scramble at the 22 yd line while no.23 was already at the goal line. I've timestamped the video so you can see the whole play but if you pause it 9 seconds in (2:06:45 mark) you will see Pyne has at least 2 to 3 more yards to cover to get to the front corner of the EZ than no. 23. In no way did he look slow on that play despite the announcer making a joke that the run seemed to get longer the closer Pyne got to the EZ. Pyne isn't a blazer but he isn't slow either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT