ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Faison - Walkon Receiver

DOMER1964

Shakes Down The Thunder
Nov 6, 2011
Notre Dame Nation:

I am curious about this young man. I listen/watch the various Notre Dame podcasts and several of them have mentioned this young man (Jordan Faison). The players, and coaches have mentioned him on numerous occasions. He is now, if I can recall the third string slot receiver and seemingly his stock is on the rise. Is anyone familiar with him? Go Irish!!!!

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Notre Dame Nation:

I am curious about this young man. I listen/watch the various Notre Dame podcasts and several of them have mentioned this young man (Jordan Faison). The players, and coaches have mentioned him on numerous occasions. He is now, if I can recall the third string slot receiver and seemingly his stock is on the rise. Is anyone familiar with him? Go Irish!!!!
He’s at ND on a Lacrosse scholarship I believe. He’s athletic and has some speed from what I was told. As a walk on he definitely stood out and caught everyone’s eye. He was making some plays during fall camp. He has some raw talent. We’ll see how he develops. Maybe a little diamond in the rough.

Exciting times ahead - for sure!!!! Looking forward to all of the talent on hand, and especially the young talent as they develop. Go Irish!!!!!!

I don't have any inside information, but I am guessing that MF and his staff may be waiting to see if they want to put Jordan on scholarship. Right now he is attending ND on a lacrosse scholarship. As I understand the rule, if a player plays two sports, the program with the greater number of scholarships has to be the one to put the player on scholarship. I suppose the purpose of that rule is to avoid monkey business with teams giving scholarships in other sports to football players in order to get around the 85-scholarship limit. So if Jordan plays in a game, the football team will have to put him on scholarship. I am speculating that maybe they are waiting to see if that is what they want to do.

Reactions: edub72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT