ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Brady

What people don't understand is that Ensminger replaced Canada and the LSU offense has been decent. It was the addition of Joe Brady to the LSU staff as essentially the co-offensive coordinator and passing game coordinator, that allowed Joe Burrow and his receivers to go off this year.

This is all you need to know. The people that actually know how all this works awarded Joe Brady with the Broyles award this year, which is given to the nation's top assistant coach every year... I might have missed someone but it is my belief that in the 23 year history of the Broyles Award (dating back to 1996), this was THE FIRST TIME that the Broyles winner was not a coordinator at his school.

Everybody that knows college football understands how important Joe Brady is to LSU's offense exploding.

Reactions: echowaker
What people don't understand is that Ensminger replaced Canada and the LSU offense has been decent. It was the addition of Joe Brady to the LSU staff as essentially the co-offensive coordinator and passing game coordinator, that allowed Joe Burrow and his receivers to go off this year.

This is all you need to know. The people that actually know how all this works awarded Joe Brady with the Broyles award this year, which is given to the nation's top assistant coach every year... I might have missed someone but it is my belief that in the 23 year history of the Broyles Award (dating back to 1996), this was THE FIRST TIME that the Broyles winner was not a coordinator at his school.

Everybody that knows college football understands how important Joe Brady is to LSU's offense exploding.
He’s the TR of LSU!

There is no denying Brady has had an impact on that program. It was a long time coming though when you look at the offensive talent squandered there under the hatter. They have always had the horses.

Really no need to exasperate the Brady/Rees comparisons as it appears it will likely be Tommy.

The next question is If there is room in the budget to add Mike Denbrock type as Co Coordinator to help mentor Tommy and structure game plans?

There is no denying Brady has had an impact on that program. It was a long time coming though when you look at the offensive talent squandered there under the hatter. They have always had the horses.

Really no need to exasperate the Brady/Rees comparisons as it appears it will likely be Tommy.

The next question is If there is room in the budget to add Mike Denbrock type as Co Coordinator to help mentor Tommy and structure game plans?

Denbrock would be a grand slam as a TE coach / co-offensive coordinator. Best TE coach I've ever seen at ND... Top notch recruiter as well.

That said, I like the idea of new blood too. Don't know how I feel about Kelly circling back to "pre 2017"... Surrounded by his boys on a staff that went 4-8. A coach with southern ties to recruiting to replace Long who was an elite recruiter would be my first choice.

Reactions: echowaker
Denbrock would be a grand slam as a TE coach / co-offensive coordinator. Best TE coach I've ever seen at ND... Top notch recruiter as well.

That said, I like the idea of new blood too. Don't know how I feel about Kelly circling back to "pre 2017"... Surrounded by his boys on a staff that went 4-8. A coach with southern ties to recruiting to replace Long who was an elite recruiter would be my first choice.

Agreed on new blood, however Rees would likely benefit from an experienced mentor type Co-Coordinator relationship to help set up game prep and process during the week and during games. Those type of coaches tend to be end of road types who are no longer searching for their break.

Quinn could also be a possibility for that role opening up a new Oline coaching position.

Agreed on new blood, however Rees would likely benefit from an experienced mentor type Co-Coordinator relationship to help set up game prep and process during the week and during games. Those type of coaches tend to be end of road types who are no longer searching for their break.

Quinn could also be a possibility for that role opening up a new Oline coaching position.
Move Quinn to TE and Co OC and bring in a top notch OL coach.... interesting

Move Quinn to TE and Co OC and bring in a top notch OL coach.... interesting

Definitely my preference to move Quinn to TE if he is going to stay on staff, which it appears appears he is. Wouldn't be shocked to see him coach tackles and tight ends and have an OL coach handle the interior guys. That's actually fairly common because it splits the coaches among the players who are most likely to work with each other in the run game.

Joe Brady played receiver for William & Mary and looks like he had 1 reception in his career. Where are the blowhards who talk about Rees’ playing aptitude commenting on Brady’s prowess?

I have nothing against Brady but I still like Rees as OC having actually been in the line of fire as QB. Although, as an assistant of the year, I have to assume Brady has strong recruiting chops.

First thing's first! Give Clark Lea a big fat raise. And a Benz. And a piece of the Golden Dome to wear as a chain. Do anything to keep him until these next two offensive classes arrive. Oh, and get Brady! That would be amazing.

Looool

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT