ADVERTISEMENT

jenner to be honered at the epsys with courage award

How do you think the relatives of the lady who Bruce Jenner killed in a car accident recently are feeling about the four letter network honoring it? It is disgusting.

The award is for athletes that show courage
How do you think the relatives of the lady who Bruce Jenner killed in a car accident recently are feeling about the four letter network honoring it? It is disgusting.

1. How are those related?
2. That car accident was an accident I have seen nothing to suggest it was malicious

So is shaving your beard on the way to the courthouse but I definitely saw a dude doing that today on the road next to me.

It's fitting that the two holier than thou, know-it-all, d-bags on here are in agreement.

I'd be willing to bet echoweaker and NDSMC1878 are the same person or know each other. "They" always have the same opinion. 78 just mentioned it's okay that some people are different, but man when someone on here has a different view point he/she cries and trashes that other opinion. What a hypocrite.

You're grossly overstating your value if you actually think that your posts "piss" me off, or in general, influence me emotionally in any way. There are certain people on this board whose opinions I hold in high regard (even those who I disagree with). You're not one of them.

The main tenets of Christianity (or, I should say, the teachings of Christ to be more specific), I've found, are generally approved and admired by atheists, agnostics, and non-Christians alike. The sad thing is that some of the people who carry the banner of Christianity, like yourself, tend to espouse hateful statements that undercut the main message of Christianity. You may want to be "tolerated" as a Christian, but your own statements hurt your stated desire. I sense, correctly I think, but also sadly, that you can't comprehend this.

I don't think you understand the drivel you just posted.

"Libtards hate freedom of speech"

Amen! While Ewing18 rambles on about how great of a human he thinks he is, all I could think about was how this he-she killed a human being this past winter. Unknowledgeable people should step aside.

The use of the term "libtards" confirms my initial thought that you're a mouth breather with very little to add to society.

You also clearly don't understand the concept of 'freedom of speech' or what the First Amendment actually protects.

Reactions: NDSMC78

"Libtards"? Aren't you clever? Why don''t you try to add something worthwhile to the discussion, rather than recycling juvenile insults, particularly when the person to whom they are directed is clearly your intellectual superior?

It's fitting that the two holier than thou, know-it-all, d-bags on here are in agreement.

I'd be willing to bet echoweaker and NDSMC1878 are the same person or know each other. "They" always have the same opinion. 78 just mentioned it's okay that some people are different, but man when someone on here has a different view point he/she cries and trashes that other opinion. What a hypocrite.

This from the person who thinks it is acceptable to use the terms "libtards" to refer to other people. If you are going to talk about other people, you should at least get their screen names right. Man, you are just an absolute zero.

the problem with these arguments, as this one has developed: no one knows how to end them!

there are 2 thoughts expressed and both arguments are opposite sides that are convinced of their correctness.

1. expression of a point of view consistant with fundamentalist biblical Christian belief is socially no longer politically correct and will be attacked and ridiculed as biased or bigoted by 'non-believers. You can have religious freedom as long as you adopt a secular perspective as the higher authority. Man>God.

2. the other is what I call the 'salami theory'; a man basically continues to compromise, agree or concede a small slice until - the whole salami is gone! That is the there are groups that are using the step by step progression to get everything they want. 1st get agreement on this; then proceed to move on to the next goal .... There is a desire to "force" social and religious approval for a point of view; in order for some sort of verification and validation that, "it is correct or all right or normal". This group has become the "intolerant group"; enjoying the power of plurality.

The reality of the matter is the two points of view are mutually exclusive and there is no resolution nor future except continued conflict.

Since I am 100% correct; you may reply but your counters will fall on deaf ears. (see the 2nd para.)

the problem with these arguments, as this one has developed: no one knows how to end them!

there are 2 thoughts expressed and both arguments are opposite sides that are convinced of their correctness.

1. expression of a point of view consistant with fundamentalist biblical Christian belief is socially no longer politically correct and will be attacked and ridiculed as biased or bigoted by 'non-believers. You can have religious freedom as long as you adopt a secular perspective as the higher authority. Man>God.

2. the other is what I call the 'salami theory'; a man basically continues to compromise, agree or concede a small slice until - the whole salami is gone! That is the there are groups that are using the step by step progression to get everything they want. 1st get agreement on this; then proceed to move on to the next goal .... There is a desire to "force" social and religious approval for a point of view; in order for some sort of verification and validation that, "it is correct or all right or normal". This group has become the "intolerant group"; enjoying the power of plurality.

The reality of the matter is the two points of view are mutually exclusive and there is no resolution nor future except continued conflict.

Since I am 100% correct; you may reply but your counters will fall on deaf ears. (see the 2nd para.)

(1) Religious freedom, like all freedoms in the First Amendment, is not absolute. I can't hide behind religious freedom, for example, to ignore my responsibility to pay taxes. I can't hide behind religious freedom to sacrifice virgins. I can't hide behind religious freedom to deny someone because of race. The LGBT issues are in a gray area right now. As I've noted in the past, at some point society determines what is acceptable and what isn't acceptable. I have no idea where to draw that line, but line-drawing does occur. I imagine that there are a number of people who pound their fist for religious freedom, but at the same time disagreed with the Supreme Court's recent decision with respect to Abercrombie & Fitch.

(2) It would help those who support religious freedom to be compassionate toward others. I try to work on that daily, with varying degrees of success (but usually failure). It would aid the religious freedom argument if proponents of religion generally seemed to attempt to adhere to their leader's example.

Believing in the bible and persecuting those that don't practice the teachings of the bible aren't necessarily linked.

I’ve had a team working on this over the past few weeks, and what we’ve come up with can be reduced to two fundamental concepts.

One, people are not wearing enough hats.

Two, matter is energy. In the Universe there are many energy fields which we cannot normally perceive. Some energies have a spiritual source which act upon a person’s soul. However, this soul does not exist ab initio as orthodox Christianity teaches; it has to be brought into existence by a process of guided self-observation. However, this is rarely achieved owing to man’s unique ability to be distracted from spiritual matters by everyday trivia.

ANOTHER new name ? no job I'm assuming.

Reactions: Classic Irish
The "lame-stream" media loves this! All part of their desire to normalize depravity and perversion. On the other hand, they have no problem skewering Christians, like the Duggars, for something that the kid did when he was 14, and corrective/proper legal steps were taken.

Question: Who's more brave - a person like BRUCE Jenner who does something like he did, or a person who speaks out against it knowing the PC police are going to shame them because they have a differing opinion?

Reactions: Bodizephax
The "lame-stream" media loves this! All part of their desire to normalize depravity and perversion. On the other hand, they have no problem skewering Christians, like the Duggars, for something that the kid did when he was 14, and corrective/proper legal steps were taken.

Question: Who's more brave - a person like BRUCE Jenner who does something like he did, or a person who speaks out against it knowing the PC police are going to shame them because they have a differing opinion?

That's an interesting system of values you have there. It's OK for you to rail at others for being the "PC police," but that doesn't stop you from condemning an entire class of people for "depravity and perversion."

Reactions: Classic Irish
zingbot-00.jpg
Echo, it's hard to get a job when you don't have a high school diploma.

On the other hand, they have no problem skewering Christians, like the Duggars, for something that the kid did when he was 14, and corrective/proper legal steps were taken.

Except, if I'm correct, the proper legal steps were not taken.

^ you confuse faith morality and legal. Man does not govern God. You have raised the legal several times.

Past discussions long ago convinces me your an imovable rock once you state your position

But your whole premise of faith/legal is misplaced and just so wrong.

Show me a fundamentalist preacher that publicly shares his own gender transformation, or the PC Police Chief that condemns him for doing it, and then we can talk about courage.

Personally I'm comfortable in my own beliefs, so I'm not particularly bothered when someone criticizes me for sharing them.

But I can't imagine not being comfortable in my own skin, so its really hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that the once "World's Greatest Athlete" wasn't comfortable in his. I don't know whether its tragic or courageous. I guess I really don't need to.

^ you confuse faith morality and legal.

When the prior poster suggests that proper legal steps were taken, and I respond that, to my knowledge, proper legal steps were not taken, I'm not sure how I confused "morality" with "legality".

When the prior poster suggests that proper legal steps were taken, and I respond that, to my knowledge, proper legal steps were not taken, I'm not sure how I confused "morality" with "legality".

I was not using any 1 specific reply as reason for my post; it was a summation of your responses.

You apply legal perspective to spiritual debate. Legal logic is your strength and domain so that is not unexpected.

I was not using any 1 specific reply as reason for my post; it was a summation of your responses.

You apply legal perspective to spiritual debate. Legal logic is your strength and domain so that is not unexpected.

What have I said here where I'm confusing legality with morality?

^ you confuse faith morality and legal. Man does not govern God. You have raised the legal several times.

Past discussions long ago convinces me your an imovable rock once you state your position

But your whole premise of faith/legal is misplaced and just so wrong.

I can only assume Perse is addressing himself in this quote.

wouldn't be praising the phony baloney sell out duggars in any discussion.

Award to courage? Since when is a man becoming a woman courageous? Man that is dumb!

To each his own. I don't give a crap if HE wants to be a SHE. Go for it.
Live your life the way you want.

But an award for courage?? That's a bit much.

What's next the CMH for Heroism? Because, after all, he is a hero. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Bodizephax

Who did Jenner molest? The Duggars' situation has nothing to do with Christianity and all to do with covering for a crime that harmed other individuals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT