ADVERTISEMENT

Jayden Daniels

Dec 7, 2007
Wow. He was just incredibly impressive last night. 372 passing yards with 3 TD passes and 234 rushing yards, including TD runs of 85 and 51 yards. He was something to watch. The game was very entertaining. Daniels looked like Gale Sayers on the 51 yarder. Florida typically has some fast DBs, but Daniels had no problem running by them. I have to think Daniels may now be the leader for the Heisman. After watching that game, not sure we want to see LSU in a bowl game, like many are predicting. We would have our hands full.

Wow. He was just incredibly impressive last night. 372 passing yards with 3 TD passes and 234 rushing yards, including TD runs of 85 and 51 yards. He was something to watch. The game was very entertaining. Daniels looked like Gale Sayers on the 51 yarder. Florida typically has some fast DBs, but Daniels had no problem running by them. I have to think Daniels may now be the leader for the Heisman. After watching that game, not sure we want to see LSU in a bowl game, like many are predicting. We would have our hands full.
Agree. No thanks to that game. There’d be way too much BS on the periphery, and really no upside for ND.

Doubt Daniels plays in the bowl game. Impressive performance indeed.

Jayden Daniels has put up big numbers vs Alabama, Ole Miss, Missouri. All Top 10ish SEC teams. Florida has highly recruited SEC athletes and he ran away from them like they were the JV team.

Denbrock & BK have done a phenomenal job with that offense. There WRs #11 & #8 just attack their routes and attack the ball when it’s in the air. They are a fun, fun offense to watch play football.

JD has been the most dynamic player in the nation this year..if the Heisman goes to the best player I would give it to JD. Lamar Jackson won the award on a team with multiple losses.

But if we factor team results, then Pennix & Bo Nix have the edge.

Jayden Daniels has put up big numbers vs Alabama, Ole Miss, Missouri. All Top 10ish SEC teams. Florida has SEC highly recruited SEC athletes and he ran away from them like they were they JV team.

Denbrock has done a phenomenal job with that offense. There WRs #11 & #8 just attack their routes and attack the ball when it’s in the air. They are fun offense to watch.

JD has been the most dynamic player in the nation this year..if the Heisman goes to the best player I would give it to JD. Lamar Jackson won the award on a team with multiple losses.

Good point about Lamar Jackson. And that recent precedent could help JD a lot.

Reactions: IrishExpert2288
Jayden Daniels has put up big numbers vs Alabama, Ole Miss, Missouri. All Top 10ish SEC teams. Florida has highly recruited SEC athletes and he ran away from them like they were the JV team.

Denbrock & BK have done a phenomenal job with that offense. There WRs #11 & #8 just attack their routes and attack the ball when it’s in the air. They are a fun, fun offense to watch play football.

I am just going off what I see. And I have watched JJ McCarthy, Bo Nix, Michael Penix, and Caleb Williams, all outstanding to phenomenal CFB QB's. Jayden Daniels gets my vote for the Heisman Trophy, FWIW.

Florida's defense is garbage. So is LSU's.
Yes, it is and LSU’s a little worse, but Daniels and LSU basically does this to everyone. I don’t think I’ve seen too many players regardless of position hit top speed so quickly and smoothly. On top of that, he’s become a better decision maker while passing, makes reads faster, and finds 2nd options/3rd options much better.

Jayden Daniels’s QBR
  • PASS: Expected points added on pass attempts with low leverage plays down-weighted.
  • RUN: Clutch-weighted expected points added through rushes
  • SACK:Expected points added on sacks with low leverage plays down-weighted.
2021: 41st overall; +33.6 PASS, +31.6 RUN, -15.1 SACK (ASU)
2022: 18th overall; +52.6 PASS, +32.6 RUN, -24.5 SACK (LSU)
2023: 1st overall; +75.9 PASS (1st), +40.8 RUN (1st), -13.3 SACK (LSU)

Daniels is the third quarterback going back to 2005 to be first in the country in expected points added via the pass and expected points added via the run (Kyler Murray, Marcus Mariota).

2023 LSU‘s offense is one of the 7 or 8 best offenses of the past 20 years. If LSU even had a mediocre defense, it would be fighting for a CFP berth.

Last edited:
We may have been one Matt House and one Gerard Parker away from having seen ND vs LSU in the CFP?

The ND offense and LSU defense have both been largely abysmal.

Yes, it is and LSU’s a little worse, but Daniels and LSU basically does this to everyone. I don’t think I’ve seen too many players regardless of position hit top speed so quickly and smoothly. On top of that, he’s become a better decision maker while passing, makes reads faster, and finds 2nd options/3rd options much better.

Jayden Daniels’s QBR
  • PASS: Expected points added on pass attempts with low leverage plays down-weighted.

Daniels is the third quarterback going back to 2005 to be first in the country in expected points added via the pass and expected points added via the run (Kyler Murray, Marcus Mariota).

2023 LSU‘s offense is one of the 7 or 8 best offenses of the past 20 years. If LSU even had a mediocre defense, it would be fighting for a CFP berth.
Will be real interesting to see how BK does in 2024-2025 after losing 3/4 games a year with the top QB/player in the country.

I think ND and LSU fans will be expecting births in the 12 team playoff next season. And if it doesn’t happen? There will be calls by some to replace the Head Coach at both schools.

J

Seems like a good year for no award. No player has really separated himself from others.

Jayden Daniels’s QBR

I never said Daniels isn't great. My response was to the OP stating he wants no part ND playing LSU in a bowl game. ND's defense far better than Florida's just saying. Nothing to be afraid of.

ND defense vs LSU offense Clash of the Titans

ND offense vs LSU defense battle of the incompetents.

Interesting in a weird kind of way I guess

Reactions: NDinNJ
I think ND and LSU fans will be expecting births in the 12 team playoff next season. And if it doesn’t happen? There will be calls by some to replace the Head Coach at both schools.
Great point. The expanded playoff, in addition to being awesome, will absolutely, I would think at least, totally introduce a new dynamic into a football program's expectations, and naturally from there what a coach at a given program will be expected to deliver.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT