ADVERTISEMENT

Jarrett Allen

bernhtp

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2014
Texas
@Jordan Wells
I had a long talk with someone that knows Jarrett and his family very well. Here's the picture that it painted:
  • His parents are letting Jarrett make all of the decisions.
  • He's a good kid. Never gets into trouble. Is smart but just an OK student - sometimes gets lazy. He's at St. Stephens, which is an elite college prep school, so academics should be no issue.
  • Jarrett is an extreme introvert. He's a bit of a strange guy and doesn't really open up to anyone.
  • Regarding his college decision, I was told that he is playing his cards so close to his vest that he hasn't even peeked at them himself. I don't think that Jarrett has a good idea of how he will choose yet.
  • Jarrett has truly elite athletic talent. He can jump out of the gym and has really good feet for a big guy. When he's focused, he can completely take over a game.
  • Jarrett's not likely to be a one and done. He needs a lot of development, mentally probably even more than physically. He sometime gets unfocused and disappears from the game. He has games where he scores only ten points and a handful of rebounds - something that someone with his ability should never do.
  • He likes Brey and Notre Dame, but again, he is far from a decision.
My sense is that Notre Dame would be a very good environment for him. He would be both nurtured and pushed - he needs both. Brey is a very positive influence that can motivate a kid like this without crushing him. A few years at ND would do him a world of good.

But the default choice is probably UT. Shaka Smart appears to be building the program and it's the home town school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News