ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Lamb

All picks today from 247 (7 picks) were ND. In the last month, most were for UCLA.

Sweet. Coulda sworn he said he was committing at the all American game. This just got me excited. BIG cat... I still think Bauer is a top 100 player in this class. Those 2 backers plus Simon and Ovie... keep it rollin

ND has a great class rolling, could be BKs best. Let's hope they put together a solid season to keep things going.. a dismal season following 4-8 will surely see some decommits.

Lets hope Brian Polian works his west coast magic! Again. Guy is a good recruiter.

there has been mixed interest in this kid; big mistake by some...all the kid does is make plays!

He will start as soon as his body is top competition ready. You have to like this kid.

Why don't you apply the same reasoning to the Oweh kid ?

The difference between Oweh and Lamb is this.

Jack had played football his entire life and has great football instincts and would be an excellent addition to the team. He has the size, coverage skills and play making ability you are looking for in a linebacker. All that said, he has a ceiling and you can see that if you objectively evaluate his film. Now that's not to say that it's a low ceiling. He'll, he could develop into an NFL Draft pick and play 10 years on Sundays for all we know. He's a very good player.

Oweh is a completely different animal in that he has barely played any football, but his measurables and numbers are as elite as they come and the most premium position on defense (rush end) in modern football. He could wind up to never play. He could end up being a solid end, or his ceiling could be a top 5 NFL draft pick if his game and body develop as a reflection of his athletic prowess.

Jack Lamb is a football player that you can bank know bring a contributor, that happens to be athletic. A safe bet.

Jayson Oweh is an athlete that you gamble on because you don't yet known if he's a football player. The ultimate gamble.

Reactions: JOEND2004
Lamb skipping the UCLA barbecue and surprising all with this quick announcement date/time, all points to another great commit to ND. As IIO has been saying for some time now, this class is shaping up to be really special. Hope Oweh is paying attention!

Lamb followed by Austin

A July / August of George Takacs, Jahmir Smith, Shayne Simon, Jack Lamb, Kevin Austin Jr and Thomas Booker would be excellent heading into official visit season and about 8-9 spots left in the class to fill.

In my estimation, the big key moving forward will be to start hot, win games and work on flipping some recruits from other schools... With all due respect to guys like Paul Moala, DeAngelo Mckenzie, etc, etc... I'd rather ND save about 5 of those last 8 spots for top tier uncommitted guys, or really start tasking the recruiting office to help get some committed recruits (to other schools) onto ND's campus to see if they can be flipped... Keep relationships with the Moala's of the world, but chase the hell out of Amon-Ra St. Brown, Geordon Porter, Tommy Bush, Bryson Jackson, Lawrence Keys, Tommy Tremble, Jayson Oweh, Joseph Ossai, Cameron Late, Azeez Ojulari, Nick Petit-Frere, Jamaree Salyer, Will Craig, Trey Dean, Julius Irvin, Brendan Kaho, Donte Burton, Kyler Gordon, Talanoa Hufanga, Anthony Cook, D'Shawn Jamison, Tariq Bracy....

Right there are 22 guys ND should push heavily to make an official visit. You just need to land 3 or 4 of them to make your class pretty damn elite.... Then go find 5 kids that are committed elsewhere, but looking around and get them to visit. Flip even 1 of those guys, and if he's a difference maker, you just keep getting better.

If ND is going to take 24'ish recruits I want to see them slow play but maintain conversation with some "plan B" WDE, S, CB, OL and WR until they know they are out of it with the guys I listed above.

I'll take the elite athlete over the instinctive football player every time.

Especially on the DL where there is a shortage .

Pushed back to 6? Thought it was originally scheduled for 5.

Feeling optimistic but I just want to get this kid locked up and move on to the next big winner.
None of them are locked up until after signing day, and even then....Win big, recruit big. It's really that simple.

Reactions: Kelso86
None of them are locked up until after signing day, and even then....Win big, recruit big. It's really that simple.

Very true....I've witnessed us lose a few at the 11th hour.

The dotted line is all the matters in the end....But, having the inside position is the next best thing.

A July / August of George Takacs, Jahmir Smith, Shayne Simon, Jack Lamb, Kevin Austin Jr and Thomas Booker would be excellent heading into official visit season and about 8-9 spots left in the class to fill.

In my estimation, the big key moving forward will be to start hot, win games and work on flipping some recruits from other schools... With all due respect to guys like Paul Moala, DeAngelo Mckenzie, etc, etc... I'd rather ND save about 5 of those last 8 spots for top tier uncommitted guys, or really start tasking the recruiting office to help get some committed recruits (to other schools) onto ND's campus to see if they can be flipped... Keep relationships with the Moala's of the world, but chase the hell out of Amon-Ra St. Brown, Geordon Porter, Tommy Bush, Bryson Jackson, Lawrence Keys, Tommy Tremble, Jayson Oweh, Joseph Ossai, Cameron Late, Azeez Ojulari, Nick Petit-Frere, Jamaree Salyer, Will Craig, Trey Dean, Julius Irvin, Brendan Kaho, Donte Burton, Kyler Gordon, Talanoa Hufanga, Anthony Cook, D'Shawn Jamison, Tariq Bracy....

Right there are 22 guys ND should push heavily to make an official visit. You just need to land 3 or 4 of them to make your class pretty damn elite.... Then go find 5 kids that are committed elsewhere, but looking around and get them to visit. Flip even 1 of those guys, and if he's a difference maker, you just keep getting better.

If ND is going to take 24'ish recruits I want to see them slow play but maintain conversation with some "plan B" WDE, S, CB, OL and WR until they know they are out of it with the guys I listed above.

I took that as Jack's message to the recruiting staff the other day also.

It would be no surprise if while everyone debates if this kid is going to 'make it', he'll probably end up a 3rd team AA or honorable mention. Just a solid player.

It would be no surprise if while everyone debates if this kid is going to 'make it', he'll probably end up a 3rd team AA or honorable mention. Just a solid player.

If he stays healthy, he's going to be highly productive. Will contribute from day one on special teams as an early enrollee freshman.

"What really stood out on the visit, Lamb said, was the film session with defensive coordinator Mike Elko."

This is what happens when a DC likes to recruit talent!

This is on pace to be the best defensive recruiting class of the Kelly era. 2011 and 2013 had some top end players, but this class (if it holds) has talent and depth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT