ADVERTISEMENT

Jack first freeman right after

ND needs to clean house. Who are the power brokers there? They’re like establishment DC elite. They need to go and have people like Zorich and Bettis take full control of the athletic department.
Jenkins is the president. He has a consortium of like minded high priests who are so detached from the reality of ND's history and legacy and why they're flush with cash in the first place, it's likely never going to happen buddy.

Jenkins is the president. He has a consortium of like minded high priests who are so detached from the reality of ND's history and legacy and why they're flush with cash in the first place, it's likely never going to happen buddy.
Dude- read between the lines. This guy is mocking and trolling you. Zorich and Bettis run the department? Cmon.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, no one expected this today. A real eye opener for the fans and staff.
Tough games left against BYU, Clemson and USC. A winning record in real jeopardy right now.
Let's see if this team can come together or not.
Agree, the schedule suddenly looks more challenging.

Like Kelly went to NC in his 3rd year?
STOP bringing up Kelly !

Kelly is in the past and has no bearing on this team and this season.

MF is at the helm and he alone bears the responsibility for the team’s failures and successes

Yes TR is tied to a mobile QB who sucks at throwing the ball. BK falls in love with fast QBs and it's not Tommy's guy.

I know it sounds like I'm making excuses for him, but Tommy's skill stand a lone to not being reliant on HH and Brians QB choices, he's a solid OC and only time will tell.

Look you can talk shit about me all you want but I've been dead on about HH being terrible and TB being a bad QB.

TR has to go deep into the playbook to get stuff these guys can run so I don't think it's all on him. However theres a lot that needs improved and ultimately he's responsible for the offense underperforming.

I just think if you see TR at a premier program who's committed to being great, you'll see a more than capable OC/Playcaller.

I'm semi drunk so lots of typos and incoherent-ness so won't respond to trolling.. Only intelligent debates. mmk
TB can’t throw completions when he’s on his back !

The OLINE hasn’t given him adequate protection and the OLINE hasn’t opened up holes for the RB’s.

Just look at the running yards for two games net of Buchner.

Games are won and lost in the trenches and Marshall’s O and D lines outplayed ND’s D and O lines

Please , i am talking about now. This team has no QB , receivers , offensive line and slow line backers. Hell their best player on defense through 2 games transferred from Northwestern. Think about that for a minute
A question !

Where are all of those guys who demanded that Buchner should have replaced Coan last year ?

A question !

Where are all of those guys who demanded that Buchner should have replaced Coan last year ?
I don’t know. But I wasn’t one of them. Buchner is clearly not the answer and neither is Pyne. It’s mind boggling that ND cannot get a true stud QB.

I don’t know. But I wasn’t one of them. Buchner is clearly not the answer and neither is Pyne. It’s mind boggling that ND cannot get a true stud QB.
I think one of the problems was Kelly’s system, he preferred running QB’s not pro style QB’s.

And most superior passing QB’s want to play in a pro style offense, ergo ND wasn’t a viable option for them.

I think one of the problems was Kelly’s system, he preferred running QB’s not pro style QB’s.

And most superior passing QB’s want to play in a pro style offense, ergo ND wasn’t a viable option for them.
Yup. I agree. Crist was a true QB in the pro style form. Kelly didn’t like him. So he went with his guy. ND needs a true QB that can see the field and make the throws. The offense needs to completely change. Start by getting a new offensive coordinator. One that is experienced and can recruit great QBs

In truth , if ND had won, that would have been the upset. Marshall had the better team and clearly better players. ND got hammered on both lines. Why ? Marshall was superior. It’s that simple. This is a really bad football team from a talent perspective. Only Mayer is legit. MF may not be great. I’ll still wait to judge. But what we are seeing on the field is the results of poor recruiting. I haven’t seen an offense this bad before. If you can’t score in todays wide open style, you won’t win. There is no easy fix. This could be the beginning of the worst year in decades.
Thanks for having the STONES to say that Marshall was the BETTER TEAM. Yes, THE BETTER TEAM WON.

And, yes, this could be a dreadful year for ND. The only good thing is that a lot of what might have been, presumably, boring games WILL NOW BE COMPETITIVE. Trouble is, ND could wind up sub .500.

None of you guys get it. The problem is way above Swarbricks power/influence. He's a good AD.

This program would be in the doldrums if it weren't for the last 10-15 years. TR is a good OC. MF not looking to good but it's way too early to tell. I'd say he doesn't last long after this kind of start.
Me thinks you don't get it.

Ok I respect your opinion. The star stuff is nothing more than someone’s opinion. If you watched that game you could see with your own eyes who had better talent. Not to mention Marshall was faster. This is a lousy ND team.
Please, this let's coaching off the hook. The talent is there, the coaching is not. Why would anyone think (I said it when they hired Freeman) that MF would be a good coach. Anytime the players have an impact on choosing the coach you are in trouble. ND is in trouble.

Please, this let's coaching off the hook. The talent is there, the coaching is not. Why would anyone think (I said it when they hired Freeman) that MF would be a good coach. Anytime the players have an impact on choosing the coach you are in trouble. ND is in trouble.
👍

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT