ADVERTISEMENT

Jack first freeman right after

Get Nasty

I've posted how many times?
Jul 26, 2006
You can’t go from a top 5 team with top 10 talent and flush it down the toilet

we all knew with freeman it would either be step forward or back

For over a year I’ve stated freeman
is a terrible coach … hate to be right … all nd fans must come together to support the firing of jack and Marcus

Reactions: Airzee23
Fire Rees and Freeman. Appoint Golden coach and move forward. Absolutely ridiculous.
Is golden good? … we gave up 220
Rush yards to Marshall … with that said this looks like freemans scheme from last year and it’s moronic

Everybody clam down! Maybe he will figure it out 7-8 years like Kelly. Then ND will be back to winning 10+ games a year and being embarrassed in playoff and major bowl games.

Reactions: BGI User 1596
Whoa, whoa, whoa, no one expected this today. A real eye opener for the fans and staff.
Tough games left against BYU, Clemson and USC. A winning record in real jeopardy right now.
Let's see if this team can come together or not.

Everybody clam down! Maybe he will figure it out 7-8 years like Kelly. Then ND will be back to winning 10+ games a year and being embarrassed in playoff and major bowl games.
Like Kelly went to NC in his 3rd year?

Other than that season it was very up and down record wise. Wasn’t until after 4-8 debacle he seemed to be somewhat consistent.
Sure but the teams typically outplayed opponents both sides but lost at end

we just got physically whipped both sides by Marshall… that never happened vs a much lesser opponent )except navy once)

Reactions: Zeester
Sure but the teams typically outplayed opponents both sides but lost at end

we just got physically whipped both sides by Marshall… that never happened vs a much lesser opponent )except navy once)
When the offense sputters and the D is on the field longer, they get gassed. Honestly the D played well enough to win both games.
If I told you ND would give up only 21 to OSU and 19 to Marshall, most on this board would say that ND is 2-0. instead of 0-2.

None of you guys get it. The problem is way above Swarbricks power/influence. He's a good AD.

This program would be in the doldrums if it weren't for the last 10-15 years. TR is a good OC. MF not looking to good but it's way too early to tell. I'd say he doesn't last long after this kind of start.

None of you guys get it. The problem is way above Swarbricks power/influence. He's a good AD.

This program would be in the doldrums if it weren't for the last 10-15 years. TR is a good OC. MF not looking to good but it's way too early to tell. I'd say he doesn't last long after this kind of start.
Have you not watched the offense? 😂

When the offense sputters and the D is on the field longer, they get gassed. Honestly the D played well enough to win both games.
If I told you ND would give up only 21 to OSU and 19 to Marshall, most on this board would say that ND is 2-0. instead of 0-2.
D wasn’t on field longer than normal

the dline and lbs are playing like crap

So you're telling me if I told you the D would give up 19 points to Marshall, you wouldn't have predicted an ND victory? stop. It's plain as day, the offense needs to score more than 21 points to win games.

Have you not watched the offense? 😂
Yes TR is tied to a mobile QB who sucks at throwing the ball. BK falls in love with fast QBs and it's not Tommy's guy.

I know it sounds like I'm making excuses for him, but Tommy's skill stand a lone to not being reliant on HH and Brians QB choices, he's a solid OC and only time will tell.

Look you can talk shit about me all you want but I've been dead on about HH being terrible and TB being a bad QB.

TR has to go deep into the playbook to get stuff these guys can run so I don't think it's all on him. However theres a lot that needs improved and ultimately he's responsible for the offense underperforming.

I just think if you see TR at a premier program who's committed to being great, you'll see a more than capable OC/Playcaller.

I'm semi drunk so lots of typos and incoherent-ness so won't respond to trolling.. Only intelligent debates. mmk

So you're telling me if I told you the D would give up 19 points to Marshall, you wouldn't have predicted an ND victory? stop. It's plain as day, the offense needs to score more than 21 points to win games.
Of course…. But if I told you our starting D would let Marshall drive 95 yards down field mostly with runs and score td what would your take be

You can’t go from a top 5 team with top 10 talent and flush it down the toilet

we all knew with freeman it would either be step forward or back

For over a year I’ve stated freeman
is a terrible coach … hate to be right … all nd fans must come together to support the firing of jack and Marcus
You are a putz. Grow up

The 95 yard drive was bad, but other than that, the D played well enough to win the game. This loss is more on the O IMO. They struggled to run the ball or pass the ball, and the pick 6 really hurt.

Of course…. But if I told you our starting D would let Marshall drive 95 yards down field mostly with runs and score td what would your take be
I would have said it was probably garbage time because the Offense scored 30+ and the game was in hand.

In truth , if ND had won, that would have been the upset. Marshall had the better team and clearly better players. ND got hammered on both lines. Why ? Marshall was superior. It’s that simple. This is a really bad football team from a talent perspective. Only Mayer is legit. MF may not be great. I’ll still wait to judge. But what we are seeing on the field is the results of poor recruiting. I haven’t seen an offense this bad before. If you can’t score in todays wide open style, you won’t win. There is no easy fix. This could be the beginning of the worst year in decades.

Reactions: 4-4-3
Yes TR is tied to a mobile QB who sucks at throwing the ball. BK falls in love with fast QBs and it's not Tommy's guy.

I know it sounds like I'm making excuses for him, but Tommy's skill stand a lone to not being reliant on HH and Brians QB choices, he's a solid OC and only time will tell.

Look you can talk shit about me all you want but I've been dead on about HH being terrible and TB being a bad QB.

TR has to go deep into the playbook to get stuff these guys can run so I don't think it's all on him. However theres a lot that needs improved and ultimately he's responsible for the offense underperforming.

I just think if you see TR at a premier program who's committed to being great, you'll see a more than capable OC/Playcaller.

I'm semi drunk so lots of typos and incoherent-ness so won't respond to trolling.. Only intelligent debates. mmk
ND isn’t a “premier program”?

In truth , if ND had won, that would have been the upset. Marshall had the better team and clearly better players. ND got hammered on both lines. Why ? Marshall was superior. It’s that simple. This is a really bad football team from a talent perspective. Only Mayer is legit. MF may not be great. I’ll still wait to judge. But what we are seeing on the field is the results of poor recruiting. I haven’t seen an offense this bad before. If you can’t score in todays wide open style, you won’t win. There is no easy fix. This could be the beginning of the worst year in decades.
Essentially the whole roster is 4 star guys. I’m not buying the “bad talent” stuff.

A good coach is going to adjust the playbook to his players strengths. A bad coach is going to run his playbook regardless.

A good coach is going to adjust the playbook to his players strengths. A bad coach is going to run his playbook regardless.
So your summary after watching the first two games is that Tommy Rees hasn't adjusted his play-calling?

Yes / No

----

Please explain:

:D

My point was this was BK's choice at QB and he sucks regardless of his skillset. He's an average at best option QB. Has nothing to do with TR not being able to adapt, which he has obviously.. But please do tell your perspective.

So your summary after watching the first two games is that Tommy Rees hasn't adjusted his play-calling?

Yes / No

----

Please explain:

:D

My point was this was BK's choice at QB and he sucks regardless of his skillset. He's an average at best option QB. Has nothing to do with TR not being able to adapt, which he has obviously.. But please do tell your perspective.
Correct, he made very little adjustments. It's not just the QB, the Oline can't run block (2.5 yards/carry is abysmal), and they can barely pass protect. The entire Offense is a shit show. I never was a fan of the Rees hire. ND needs a proven OC, and even more so with an inexperienced HC. Jack made a mistake retaining Rees prior to naming Freeman the HC.

The Defense has had its moments of failure, but overall they have done enough where ND should have won both games.

The positive for me anyway, my Saturday's have become free to do other things.

Huh didn’t BK win 10 games last year

Essentially the whole roster is 4 star guys. I’m not buying the “bad talent” stuff.
Ok I respect your opinion. The star stuff is nothing more than someone’s opinion. If you watched that game you could see with your own eyes who had better talent. Not to mention Marshall was faster. This is a lousy ND team.

Huh didn’t BK win 10 games last year
Please , i am talking about now. This team has no QB , receivers , offensive line and slow line backers. Hell their best player on defense through 2 games transferred from Northwestern. Think about that for a minute

Is golden good? … we gave up 220
Rush yards to Marshall … with that said this looks like freemans scheme from last year and it’s moronic
ND had allowed one TD though three quarters of Football. It is difficult to keep making up for turnovers and lack of scoring puts more pressure on the D

Reactions: NDinNJ

ND needs to clean house. Who are the power brokers there? They’re like establishment DC elite. They need to go and have people like Zorich and Bettis take full control of the athletic department.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT