ADVERTISEMENT

Is 2015 The Start Of A New Era For ND Football?

fedman

I've posted how many times?
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2002
Based on performance and not historical reputation, the record shows that ND has clearly fallen from the ranks of elite football powers the past two decades. In the 18 years since Holtz left, the Irish have had 11 seasons where they have lost at least 5 games. It has been over 20 years since they have won a "major bowl".

I am hopeful that 2015 will be the start of a new era for ND football where the Irish regain their seat at the elite football power table. For this to happen, the Irish at a minimum have to have double digit wins this season after winning their bowl game. ND must then follow this up with a series of double digit winning seasons with a couple of wins in "major bowls". The Irish also need to be a contender of the 4-team playoff at least 3 out of 5 years and chosen at least once.

I don't think that this is too unreasonable a demand to ask of the football program if it is to be considered an elite program. Can 2015 be the first step towards regaining that elite status? I hope so, but admit that based on the past 18 years, I have some trepidation. I am looking forward to see how 2015 plays out,

Reactions: ndtarheel7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News