ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Irish Invasion provides surprise second offer for 2025 RB Daniel Anderson

Tyler James

I've posted how many times?
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
I'm going to go out on a limb and say 2025 running back Daniel Anderson is the first recruit to ever have Long Island and Notre Dame as his first two scholarship offers.

Anderson said it best when I asked if he thought it was possible that he would leave Notre Dame's campus Sunday with an offer.

"No, sir. Not at all," he replied.

Anderson rushed 74 times for 856 yards and 11 touchdowns as a sophomore at Bryant (Ark.) High. That was enough to put him on Notre Dame's radar for an invitation to the Irish Invasion. Notre Dame recruiting analyst Dre Brown reached out to invite Anderson to attend and participate.

During the camp, Anderson was told to meet with the coaching staff after it ended. He was then given a tour of campus, which included a meeting with head coach Marcus Freeman, who let Anderson know he had a Notre Dame offer.

“I learned a lot," Anderson said of the tour. "It is a huge campus. The recruiting circle is very small. They don’t do in-state much. They like to go out and give offers. But they can’t give one to everybody.”

He was pleased with his camp performance. Who could argue with that after it earned him an offer.

“It was a great camp," Anderson said. "I got to speak with Coach Deland [McCullough]. He’s a very good coach. I got a lot of knowledge from him. The camp was great overall.”

Story link:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News