ADVERTISEMENT

Irish ACC LAX Champions!

Nice. I wanted to watch some of that. Clicking at the right time at least.

been too busy to watch them recently. what happened that had them winning the title IrishHerb. seemed like they couldn't do anything right on the field just not too long ago

As someone whose lax interests are tied into where alumni from his former high school are playing, I've been more of a Duke fan the past few years (leaned toward ND during the Matt Kav days), I did not get to see much of the Irish this season.

However, comparing the version from this past weekend to what I witnessed during the regular season game versus the Devils is night and day.....Now that you are healthy on offense, this is a squad that is a threat to go deep into the National Tournament.

What impressed me the most is that in both games, there was not a team came close to matching your intensity....Every time there was a key ground ball, Notre Dame were the ones to come up with it.

If the committee is smart, they throw out some of those losses and focus solely on how this team performed when at 100 percent.

been too busy to watch them recently. what happened that had them winning the title IrishHerb. seemed like they couldn't do anything right on the field just not too long ago
We are a different team with Gleason and Costabile healthy. 31 goals in two games after being impotent on offense for the past six weeks is mind boggling. Beat Army next week and we will likely get a first round home game. All of a sudden we look like a contender in a year where there's no dominant team.

twalsh and wolfman said it all.

With the squad healthy and having Gleason and Constabile back, our offense can suddenly score again.

twalsh and wolfman said it all.

With the squad healthy and having Gleason and Constabile back, our offense can suddenly score again.

And to think, ND scores 17 points and Gleason had zero of them.

45 ground balls, 20 from the starting poles; a healthy Sexton snags 8 GB’s, and 16 of UVA’s 25 turnovers were caused by the Irish.

All in all, a clinic by the Irish yesterday.

How do you guys feel about the draw?

I personally would have rather not seen Denver in the first round because I think any Tierney coached team is dangerous in the postseason....I do like that we have a previous win over them this season to serve as a confidence booster.

However, I consider ND to be the hottest team in the nation since getting fully healthy...As a Duke fan (that shifts next year BTW when a few of my HS favorites go Irish in the fall), I commented on their forum that ND was one of the teams I was glad was on the opposite side of the bracket.

After watching them play, Yale does not scare me that much. No doubt that Reeves is an incredible player, but aside from him, they looked really bad in the Ivy Championship. Their goalie gave up 14 goals and only made 2 saves.

Albany is a little scary because of the presence of Ierlan (who I watched wrestle at the NYS championships) at FOGO and Fields/Nanticoke on attack....That having been said, they last time they faced an NCAA qualifying team was two weeks ago when Yale smoked them 14-6...All of their best wins were in February/March, so I think their resume might look stronger than they really are.

How do you guys feel about the draw?

I personally would have rather not seen Denver in the first round because I think any Tierney coached team is dangerous in the postseason....I do like that we have a previous win over them this season to serve as a confidence booster.

However, I consider ND to be the hottest team in the nation since getting fully healthy...As a Duke fan (that shifts next year BTW when a few of my HS favorites go Irish in the fall), I commented on their forum that ND was one of the teams I was glad was on the opposite side of the bracket.

After watching them play, Yale does not scare me that much. No doubt that Reeves is an incredible player, but aside from him, they looked really bad in the Ivy Championship. Their goalie gave up 14 goals and only made 2 saves.

Albany is a little scary because of the presence of Ierlan (who I watched wrestle at the NYS championships) at FOGO and Fields/Nanticoke on attack....That having been said, they last time they faced an NCAA qualifying team was two weeks ago when Yale smoked them 14-6...All of their best wins were in February/March, so I think their resume might look stronger than they really are.
I think we may have gotten the toughest first round matchup, which isn't unexpected at seed #7. ND and Hopkins are the two teams playing their best at the best possible time of the year. If we keep up how we played the last three games, we will be in good shape. The wild card against Denver is Baptiste. If he pulls a 75% or 80% at the X, it will be a very difficult game for us. If we keep him to 60% or lower, I like our chances.

Reactions: Wolfman2610
I know last weekend did not go as we all hoped.

Therefore, I though I might cheer the Irish Lax fans up with a highlight from a future Notre Dame student-athlete.

Here is Pat Kavanagh scoring the game-winner with :03 remaining in the 4th quarter to lead Chaminade to a 14-13 victory in the Long Island Catholic High School Athletic Association title game.

Kavanagh, who finished the contest with two goals overall, is the younger brother of former ND standout/3x USILA All-American, Matt [Kavanagh], who played in South Bend from 2013-2016 and completed his collegiate career ranking third in school history in career goals (122) and second in total points (225).

Rumor is that the younger Kav sibling will do a postgraduate year next season before coming to the Irish in the fall of 2019.

Last edited:
The ND Lax coach reminds me of coach Kelly. He will never get fired, will never do anything major for the program, but we know he’ll always choke in the big game.

The ND Lax coach reminds me of coach Kelly. He will never get fired, will never do anything major for the program, but we know he’ll always choke in the big game.
Never do anything major for the program? He basically built the program from scratch, he's been to five final fours and just broke a streak of making the quarters like 8 years in a row.

i hated that they had to play Denver this past weekend because trying to beat them the past few years has been like trying to beat Stanford in football. some teams have a school's number in a sport and Denver, Stanford have ours in lax and football

Reactions: IrishHerb
Never do anything major for the program? He basically built the program from scratch, he's been to five final fours and just broke a streak of making the quarters like 8 years in a row.

Very impressive indeed! And winning the ACC is not easy due to the formidable competition. Good job, let's give credit where credit is due.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT