ADVERTISEMENT

Intense practices

SubwaydomerDFW

ND Expert
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2021
www.goodguysroofing.com
It's well reported that Freeman's practices have a higher intensity than Brian Kelly's.

BK said he didn't favor intense practices after camp because it subjects you to injury and can cause fatigue during the season.

I was worried when I heard about "intense practices" at first but also thought perhaps that could be the thing that puts this program over the edge as it seemingly lacked a killer instinct under BK.

I think after a disappointing loss to Marshall, It's clear to see ND looks slower and less explosive than a team with less than half of the talent. I wonder if Longo has amended the conditioning routine to favor size and strength versus endurance and maybe explosiveness?

Whatever the formula is, it appears this team already has dead legs and they haven't even made it to the off week.

Perhaps it's too late to change the physicality of practice and training to try and conserve players energy/explosiveness. BK had much more experience managing workloads and this could be one of many things Freeman is going to have to learn the hard way.

Reactions: 4-4-3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News