ADVERTISEMENT

I think we try to pry Dabo away from Clemson.

While many here live in some fairy tale world that believes ND is the holy grail of coaching positions, lets come back to reality here. No one in their right mind, if they're a top level coach, would risk career suicide coming to the University of Notre Dame.

While many here live in some fairy tale world that believes ND is the holy grail of coaching positions, lets come back to reality here. No one in their right mind, if they're a top level coach, would risk career suicide coming to the University of Notre Dame.
Moronic comment

Moronic comment

Why? Please elaborate. Sorry, but ND has been through how many sub par coaches? ND has had to settle for coaches time and time again. Kelly was the best out of the pile and he used ND as a spring board to get to a school where he has more latitude to field a winning team. I didn't like the guy, but I'm willing to bet he has LSU competing for the SEC and NC soon enough.

I just don't believe an urban meyer (when that was a thing) or a Dabo like guy is willing to risk their reputation to come to a school that will immediately tie one hand behind his back. Like it or not, ND is no longer "special" like some want to believe. CFB is quickly passing them by unfortunately.

Reactions: HuddleBurger
Why? Please elaborate. Sorry, but ND has been through how many sub par coaches? ND has had to settle for coaches time and time again. Kelly was the best out of the pile and he used ND as a spring board to get to a school where he has more latitude to field a winning team. I didn't like the guy, but I'm willing to bet he has LSU competing for the SEC and NC soon enough.

I just don't believe an urban meyer (when that was a thing) or a Dabo like guy is willing to risk their reputation to come to a school that will immediately tie one hand behind his back. Like it or not, ND is no longer "special" like some want to believe. CFB is quickly passing them by unfortunately.
9-3 program. Traditionally. 5 levels Doormat(Traditionally a loser) -Mediocre (losing seasons regularly but some bowl type teams) - Good (Mid tier bowl team. Occasional noise making season) -Great (In the conversation yearly. Sometimes they get there usually in a NY6 type game) -Elite (Titles and Playoffs are the norm. Occasionally out of the conversation but usually in late November.) . ND is good.

9-3 program. Traditionally. 5 levels Doormat(Traditionally a loser) -Mediocre (losing seasons regularly but some bowl type teams) - Good (Mid tier bowl team. Occasional noise making season) -Great (In the conversation yearly. Sometimes they get there usually in a NY6 type game) -Elite (Titles and Playoffs are the norm. Occasionally out of the conversation but usually in late November.) . ND is good.
And I firmly believe unless certain changes are made, which more than likely won't happen. ND's ceiling is probably Great. But not elite.

I remember not so long ago Husker fans screaming 9-3 is not good enough.......what do you think they would give foemr a 9-3 season now

9-3 brings hope, it helps recruiting, it builds structure, it keeps the wolves from the door, and choas at bay

Last edited:
Would you take someone with some baggage if you thought they could get ND to elite status? I’m not talking a Harbaugh who cheats the game, I’m talking a Gruden or Bobby Patrino who have personal issues but are top notch coaches?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT