ADVERTISEMENT

I Never Get Excited Over New Assistant

dagimpper1

ND Expert
Nov 25, 2009
Coaches being hired. But, this year is the exception. I am elated over this staff. Hope they live up to what i think they are going to achieve . Expecially am looking forward to see how they recruit. The old time ND fan in me expects a top 5 class every year so 11 or 12 is a bit of a disappointment to me. However i understand the way of things today and understand it's hard to find 5 star kids that want to be students. So to off set my expectations i'm trying something new. ND currently has the 44th ranked recruiting class on 247 ( 1 player). Starting at 44 and probably slipping before moving up. I think a 12th ranked or better class will look pretty good.

I know people will say it is still too early but I think Coach Kelly knocked it out of the park with these hires. I was especially impressed with Autry and Stanford in their interviews. Those young guys just exude enthusiasm...

This team is going to play fired up next year.

The way recruiting services rank teams does not provide really helpful predictions of team success. TCU, enough said.

They rank classes by star power. I find studying the talent and depth of two classes in a row a much better predictor. If there is big time talent at every position (at least one) and depth, that is some great recruiting. I think the 14 and 15 classes are a great fit. 16 needs some serious star power.

I get your point. I think my expectations are still based on what Ara to Lou were able to do but, it's a different game now recruiting wise.

I'm with you stu. Of the 4 interviews Autry's was my favorite. Can'wait to see what this staff does.

Home run day for the program. If you cannot get pumped over the hires you need to get a pulse.

Storm clouds rolled in and went away , and bright sunshine is again upon the Golden Dome. Great staff additions , now let them coach and the wins will follow.

Go Irish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT