ADVERTISEMENT

I got Religion well sort of...

zonairish

I've posted how many times?
Sep 19, 2012
Right now the Irish are 1-3. They are playing awful on Defense. So to win they need to outscore everyone in a big way to win. So stating the obvious here they need to put 50-60-70 points on everyone. Also the Defense needs to get a few turnovers per game. Maybe 2-4. The goodness the rest of defenses we play maybe only a little better than our defense. Well maybe except stanford . We should out score these teams.

So what I mean by religion is I am not saying fire Kelly but what got the Irish in this mess is bad decisions by Kelly. So my prediction for kelly is based on the season he has. If the Irish decide to go pedal to the metal old cinncinatti days all pass offense all day this may work. If he goes with trying to old school run game I think syracuse beats the Irish. So in reality we could potentially lose a lot of games here based on the d play with a stubborn offense play. I rather worry about the run game next year,
If we go 9-3 he stays
8-4 stays
7-5 not sure
6-6 or below I think he is done. Also a bowl loss could cost him his job beyond this.

so try to store this post in your memory banks.
If Kelly should subsequently 'find religion' and start to self evaluate and adjust in such a way as to 'right' this team in the future, that would in no way disprove what a group of posters have been citing as weaknesses or deficiencies in his coaching or demeanor! To date we are 'spot on' ! In fact such protestations may actually spur him on to this self reflection, should it happen!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT