ADVERTISEMENT

I CANNOT STAND THIS COACH

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
I CANNOT STAND THIS COACH! How can he blame the players but then say he was happy with the the worst defensive coach in D1 today? Does he not realize this garbage that coaches defense just gave up 31 points to a terrible offensive team? Go ahead coach, put all the blame on the players. Trust me, you have officially lost your team. A true coach a true man steps up to that mic and takes that loss on the chin and says "I have to do better". Congratulations coach, you have once again made ND the laughing stock ofcollege football.

Reactions: NDskins and wiu86
the players share your sentiment!

Jack: the pressure will not cease, fans will not go away!
this is not acceptable.

Watching Michigan today
Physical, uses a fullback, brings the physicality to the other team. No mistakes. Efficient on 3rd down
5 first half sacks.

Kelly has to go and the administration has to let Juco transfers in
If they can't get better dlineman than this~ than just give up the NBC contract now.
Army may beat this team this year.

Kelly is NEVER wrong or the problem. He and BVG stay until 2021. ND doesn't care, why should we?

I'm so glad Kelly wants to wait until after the last game of the season to decide how good or bad the defense really is. Let's all just pump our brakes, remember? Thanks, BK, for putting us in our place with your infinite wisdom.

Reactions: gold89
is he just insane? really could he be just plain insane?

"Insane" is going a bit too far.

"Insane" is doing the exact same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

He has CLEARLY changed catchphrases and excuses this year.

Did you see The presser? What a complete jack-off.
It is sad. However, the positive side is he is sealing his own fate. I cannot believe the Administration appreciates this too much. It is one thing to be 1-3 with a loss to Duke on your home team. It is also tolerable to show loyalty to the worst DC in CFB. But throwing 18 year old kids under the bus and take no responsibility does not live up to standards the University is trying to espouse..

That presser was jaw-droppingly astonishing and completely embarrassing. This guy is full-on delusional and in complete denial. Keep pointing that finger at everyone else, bud.

Give 60 million ton Urban Meyer for 4 years. When Charlie Strong gets fired have him be a DC.

Watching Michigan today
Physical, uses a fullback, brings the physicality to the other team. No mistakes. Efficient on 3rd down
5 first half sacks.

Kelly has to go and the administration has to let Juco transfers in
If they can't get better dlineman than this~ than just give up the NBC contract now.
Army may beat this team this year.
I hope they do.

If there is one loss I could handle it's against the service teams

Give 60 million ton Urban Meyer for 4 years. When Charlie Strong gets fired have him be a DC.
Knock it off....urban not coming.....

But I assure you there is a coach out there...hungry..stickler for fundamentals, etc.

Let's just ****ing start there.

I seen this coming for the team this yr. there is NO PLAYMAKERS on D. lost too much talent to the nfl. hell you could hire Saban Urbie or any other so called GREAT HC. they are not doing much better with this group of players.

Duke DB Bolden is better than any player that the Irish have on their D. that is a shame. also the Irish were beat today by good old fashioned fundamental football. the HC for Duke is a GREAT O coach. he was licking his chops to get a crack at this ND D.

they miss Sheldon Day, Jaylon Smith and some other ND D players that were the heart and soul of the team from last yrs D. and even then the D was not a force to be reckon with. uptempo O gave them fits.

this team is trying to live up to the last few yrs ND teams. BUT they have no clue how to make it happen. it is up to coaches to make the players better. but sometimes it isn't going to happen. no matter what. it is everybody fault from the coaches all of the way down to the players. we are going to be lucky to win 5 or 6 games this yr with this current team. O can score and put up points. BUT they cannot have any TO's like they did today. the D isn't good enough to over for them like in the past few yrs.

Until ND loosen the rules for the defensive side of the ball. ie letting borderline kids in to school to give the D some nasty attitude. this is what we will be living with every so many yrs when the good players graduate and get drafted to the nfl.

Still love my Irish to the day I die. will watch every game like I have since the 70's. have come to accept ND will only be a good middle of the road team for the most part with the occasional great yr sprinkled in here and there. the good ole days of ND whooping everyone rears and being the best team in college football are a thing of the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZORO50
Every FBS team had a sack going into this weekend's games except one. ONLY team that didn't was coach by Kelly and BVG. It's time to wake us up from this nightmare. Wake us up Jack!!!!!! We are getting out score worst than when Coach Weis was here. End this!!!

Please Watch the replay or listen to the audio recast of Kelly's presser; And, when you do ask yourself a couple of obvious questions. Why is he talking like this? Is he doing so deliberately? Why is he publicly blaming his players in front of a worldwide television audience? Why is he messing with what historically is and has been the most loyal fan base in Div 1 Football?

Answers:
He doesn't care anymore. His heart is not in it. He has psychologically checked out, IMO. Brian Kelly is acting or behaving like a person who wants to be fired. He won't resign. He needs to be fired in order to preserve the remainder of his contract.

The worst presser of Kelly's tenure at ND. Doubt he is trying to get fired, but I do question whether the demands of being HC at ND has finally caught up with Kelly. Thought the six year extension whould never run the full course, but expected two to three years before Kelly would announce his retirement. Perhaps that timetables should be moved up. Too many more players under the bus and we may be talking outright mutiny, not whether he has lost the team.

I seen this coming for the team this yr. there is NO PLAYMAKERS on D. lost too much talent to the nfl. hell you could hire Saban Urbie or any other so called GREAT HC. they are not doing much better with this group of players.

Duke DB Bolden is better than any player that the Irish have on their D. that is a shame. also the Irish were beat today by good old fashioned fundamental football. the HC for Duke is a GREAT O coach. he was licking his chops to get a crack at this ND D.

they miss Sheldon Day, Jaylon Smith and some other ND D players that were the heart and soul of the team from last yrs D. and even then the D was not a force to be reckon with. uptempo O gave them fits.

this team is trying to live up to the last few yrs ND teams. BUT they have no clue how to make it happen. it is up to coaches to make the players better. but sometimes it isn't going to happen. no matter what. it is everybody fault from the coaches all of the way down to the players. we are going to be lucky to win 5 or 6 games this yr with this current team. O can score and put up points. BUT they cannot have any TO's like they did today. the D isn't good enough to over for them like in the past few yrs.

Until ND loosen the rules for the defensive side of the ball. ie letting borderline kids in to school to give the D some nasty attitude. this is what we will be living with every so many yrs when the good players graduate and get drafted to the nfl.

Still love my Irish to the day I die. will watch every game like I have since the 70's. have come to accept ND will only be a good middle of the road team for the most part with the occasional great yr sprinkled in here and there. the good ole days of ND whooping everyone rears and being the best team in college football are a thing of the past.
Well with that attitude you're right...they will continue to be mediocre. And people like you willing to accept mediocrity, continuing to support no matter that garbage product is what will keep our team from being or even approaching elite.

It's not admissions etc...

It's the pussy mindset . It's the dodge ball out of school mindset, or giving little Johnny a timeout instead of fanning his ass.

You want to say awe shucks ..it's OK guys, we'll be competitive once every 5 years.

Well GTFO. I want fans who demand excellence. ❕

Why did we let Michigan hire BC's defensive coordinator and keep BVG? Season was essentially over once we made this decision. The vanity of one awful coach is worth more though than the success of a program I guess.

I might have to give myself a bye week and not tune in next week.

Reactions: ZORO50
Every FBS team had a sack going into this weekend's games except one. ONLY team that didn't was coach by Kelly and BVG. It's time to wake us up from this nightmare. Wake us up Jack!!!!!! We are getting out score worst than when Coach Weis was here. End this!!!

yep:

but there were posts warning about the front seven way back before spring. The boards 'frustrated coaches' and a few others (who know who they are) belittled and berated those posters.

To them, remember this for future postings: you have no credibility, put a sock in it. The impending defensive woes were obvious to anyone with an objective perspective.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT