ADVERTISEMENT

I Called This Yesterday- My Post was deleted- but the program is toxic

Sorin or Yeti

Shakes Down The Thunder
Jul 8, 2016
I guess the Mods were not willing to have more anti-Brian Kelly posts- or more questions about why reporters here thought certain players were better than they show...I get that. But dissent is important for fans. Pravda is meaningless.

Not to rehash my post- pretty much asking why Kelly was loyal to BVG but not to ND in 2012 when he flirted with the Eagles. I also noted that this ND game against Duke- was UCONN in 2009. The defense is complete crap and it has permeated throughout the whole team. I don't want credit- its clear to anyone with eyes.

We were told in the offseason that Mokwauah was a 'bull in a china shop' and Onwualu was "an athlete in space"...But every defensive player is playing poorly. This is no longer on the players- Duke does not recruit 4* players. This crap show is completely on the coaches and because of that- Brian Kelly should be fired tonight. Period.

There was one camera shot of our defensive coaches that simply looked dumb- and I hope the Mods here keep this post us- because now its clear this program is toxic. The coaching is horrific on ST and especially on Defense and its time to call for change. When the student body is chanting Fire VanGorder, deleting critical posts is silly.

In order of ineptitude.

1 VanGorder- a complete clown. A non-factor in recruiting as well. Never stays in one spot for more than a couple of years. Had HUGE warning flags when hired and a complete SHOCKER to the educated class that he was brought back. Swarbrick told us that Kelly was confident in him. Ooops.

2) Keith Gilmore- looks weak during NBC camera shots. No fire in his belly. Cannot coach up one player. Team getting pushed around in the second half. Where is Micah Dew Tradway, Jay Hayes, Peter Mokwuah, Elijay Taylor or Brandon Tiassum. When Trumbetti is getting pushed around- why not try someone else. How does a DLine coach fail with so many options. Duke's offensive line was more psychical than ND defensive line. Gilmore should be fired tonight.

3) Todd Lyght. Don't care he as a former All-American at ND- judging is coaching ability. Horrific. Would be #1 on this list- but he NEVER was a position coach before- just an intern or position assistant. He should be fired tonight.

4) Scott Booker- another non-factor in coaching until ND called. ST play again was poor and cost ND field position, touchdowns and missed kicks. Fire Booker at the end of the year.

5) Mike Elston- he actually has experience but his linebackers are having a hard time tackling. Onwualu was run over by a pasty QB. Fire Elston end of the season.

6) Brian Kelly- he brought this gang together when many of us told him the group was subpar. Hubris and ego won out. I would fire Kelly tonight. I understand that is tricky- but his tenure is over at Notre Dame. As I noted yesterday. This is 2009 all over again. And Kelly has trick plays for Zaire at the wrong times. Questionable play calling- cant blow Duke off the ball. Kelly is simply not ready for Notre Dame. Year 7 and the team is back where they were when Weis was fired.

Mods- please keep this post up. Other sites are publishing Swarbricks phone number and email addresses demanding change. Its Duke. Students have a sit out in the works. Its time this site focuses on how we can get ND back to the top.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News