ADVERTISEMENT

how many games???

Predicted 8-4 prior to start, didn’t understand the lofty expectations with new coach, QB, no WRs, weak RB room
Yep people on the board act like the sky is falling. It's not rocket science you're not going to win ugly games in college football with poor QB play.

When your best player is a TE you have a big problem. Freeman gets 3 years then any views you have on him might be justified not overreacting 2 games in. I never thought we were going to be challenging for anything this year.

At the end of the day if he's the right pick as head coach he'll get it figured out if not we'll be looking for another head coach end of.

Reactions: Kelso86
Seems like USC and Clemson are looking shaky. Even if ND wins one of those, could drop one to UNC or some other middling team.

I said 8-4 but now I’m leaning 6-6. I think Marshall is better than all on the schedule except USC Ohio State Clemson Syracuse and BYU. I could see ND righting the ship and being 5-3 going into Clemson. Beating them and finishing 8-4. But I could also see them repeating 2016

Well I’ll say this. If this offense continues to struggle , I’m not sure who they can beat. Can they beat Cal? That’s all I’m concerned with.

Funny thing…. They looked this pathetic the first two games last year. The difference Ohio State and Marshall are better than FSU and Toledo. I felt just as concerned but at least they had won. And the schedule was lighter. But I saw 9-3 going into week 3 and somehow was wrong. I don’t think I’ll be wrong this year though.

Cal-toss up
@UNC-loss
Vegas-BYU-route
Stanford-toss up
UNLV-win
@Syracuse-loss
Clemson loss by 50+
Navy-toss up
Boston College-win
@USC-route by 50+

that’s somewhere between 2-5 wins from a perennial 10 win program the last five years.

Last edited:
Reactions: adrian1477
Cal-toss up
@UNC-loss
Vegas-BYU-
Stanford-toss up
UNLV-win
@Syracuse-loss
Clemson loss by 50+
Navy-toss up
Boston College-win
@USC-route by 50+

that’s somewhere between 2-5 wins from a perennial 10 win program the last five years.
If the team that played yesterday shows up any of those weeks could be anL

Reactions: scubastevefl
Still probably 7 or 8, I think. There will be more than a few 50-50 games, so it could be as few as 6 or worst case, 5.

remember: it is not whether you win or lose, rather it is about how you play the game.

Cal game is everything. Win that and 6-6 is realistic with a bowl game and 15 more practices.

Hoping staff changes will have already taken place where the extra practices are meaningful with coaches that aren’t clueless.

Jack needs to move on and Rees needs to be a quality control assistant in the NFL.

Cal game is everything. Win that and 6-6 is realistic with a bowl game and 15 more practices.

Hoping staff changes will have already taken place where the extra practices are meaningful with coaches that aren’t clueless.

Jack needs to move on and Rees needs to be a quality control assistant in the NFL.
And who are you going to replace him with ?

Rees was QB coach in 2017,18,19 & DC 2020,21.....All 10+ win seasons.
That’s a fact, but the leap from QB coach to OC is very significant, micro to macro.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT