ADVERTISEMENT

Hopeful Changes going forward

ZORO50

ND Expert
Dec 28, 2008
1) Relentless Effort, Toughness, Leadership- Kizer- Jack

You can't just talk about these things. The staff can't just use "buzz words "
They need to be taught. You need to teach attitude, get the team motivated.
Urban Meyer in his book talks about relentless effort is the key to success. I truly believe it. The best salesman isn't always the highest paid. Dustin Pedoria isn't the best athlete- no doubt the guy is relentless.
I found it funny that Christian McCaffrey talked about Marcus Catrell in his interview after the UCLA game. I guess Shaw made the team watch Lone Survivor in the hotel the night before the game. All you need to do is watch the seal training scene. That's relentless effort.

Toughness- who are the tough guys on the team? In the last five years, I haven't see a more badass performance than Mike McGinchey vs LSU. Where is that guy now? Worried about his slipping draft status. Show the team tapes of Marshawn Lynch- the guy lived for today- each play- he wasn't worried about down the road.
"Beast mode"
It was easy to see Chris Zorich, Wes Pitchett, Shane Walton, Manti Teo.
What are they doing to create toughness? Tackling bags, machines-
I know Urban Meyer has his team wrestle in a wrestling room. No one wants to lose in front of the whole team. Give a guy a championship belt. Make it fun for the team.
Make these guys compete and create toughness.
Bring in a MMA guy and have the team do a grueling MMA workout.
"You need to create the badass".
You see Stanford- guys wearing warrior eye black, painted faces.
You see year after year guys like Shane Skov.
I honestly would love to see Kelly show emotion and hug a guy and run up and pound on a guys chest who was beasting out on that field.

I've said it before- on offense you occasionally need lead blockers to run the ball physically. LSU game- drive#1.
Throw in a 6th lineman and f* cking bang.
We are right here mother****ers.
6 Mack trucks coming your way.

You see team jumping around on the sidelines before kickoffs.
Ohio State guys sway back and forth.
Can we start getting excited.
It's football.

Leadership- who are going to be those badass players to lead.
Who are the guy that are going to give relentless effort and perform.
If you have watched the U part 2 they said there were so many alpha dudes in that locker room - that would beat you up if you weren't tough.

Kizer: This kid is awesome.
Anyone calling for a change is crazy here!
Kelly should have said- "we need to help out Deshone."
The guy has no running game and defense has been getting shelled.
I worry he reads his own headlines a bit. I think it was two showtime shows last year and he referred to himself in the 3rd person and I said, "oh no" but seriously the kid has played great and has shouldered the whole team.

Jack- you need to get kids into the school for defense period. You promised a good defense when Kelly was hired. Get the defensive lineman into the school. Get them thru the academics. We are tired of hearing excuses about academics, tests. Do whatever the hell you need to do!
We are sick of it!
No one cares- we want to win!

Reactions: deadirishpoet
1) Relentless Effort, Toughness, Leadership- Kizer- Jack

You can't just talk about these things. The staff can't just use "buzz words "
They need to be taught. You need to teach attitude, get the team motivated.
Urban Meyer in his book talks about relentless effort is the key to success. I truly believe it. The best salesman isn't always the highest paid. Dustin Pedoria isn't the best athlete- no doubt the guy is relentless.
I found it funny that Christian McCaffrey talked about Marcus Catrell in his interview after the UCLA game. I guess Shaw made the team watch Lone Survivor in the hotel the night before the game. All you need to do is watch the seal training scene. That's relentless effort.

Toughness- who are the tough guys on the team? In the last five years, I haven't see a more badass performance than Mike McGinchey vs LSU. Where is that guy now? Worried about his slipping draft status. Show the team tapes of Marshawn Lynch- the guy lived for today- each play- he wasn't worried about down the road.
"Beast mode"
It was easy to see Chris Zorich, Wes Pitchett, Shane Walton, Manti Teo.
What are they doing to create toughness? Tackling bags, machines-
I know Urban Meyer has his team wrestle in a wrestling room. No one wants to lose in front of the whole team. Give a guy a championship belt. Make it fun for the team.
Make these guys compete and create toughness.
Bring in a MMA guy and have the team do a grueling MMA workout.
"You need to create the badass".
You see Stanford- guys wearing warrior eye black, painted faces.
You see year after year guys like Shane Skov.
I honestly would love to see Kelly show emotion and hug a guy and run up and pound on a guys chest who was beasting out on that field.

I've said it before- on offense you occasionally need lead blockers to run the ball physically. LSU game- drive#1.
Throw in a 6th lineman and f* cking bang.
We are right here mother****ers.
6 Mack trucks coming your way.

You see team jumping around on the sidelines before kickoffs.
Ohio State guys sway back and forth.
Can we start getting excited.
It's football.

Leadership- who are going to be those badass players to lead.
Who are the guy that are going to give relentless effort and perform.
If you have watched the U part 2 they said there were so many alpha dudes in that locker room - that would beat you up if you weren't tough.

Kizer: This kid is awesome.
Anyone calling for a change is crazy here!
Kelly should have said- "we need to help out Deshone."
The guy has no running game and defense has been getting shelled.
I worry he reads his own headlines a bit. I think it was two showtime shows last year and he referred to himself in the 3rd person and I said, "oh no" but seriously the kid has played great and has shouldered the whole team.

Jack- you need to get kids into the school for defense period. You promised a good defense when Kelly was hired. Get the defensive lineman into the school. Get them thru the academics. We are tired of hearing excuses about academics, tests. Do whatever the hell you need to do!
We are sick of it!
No one cares- we want to win!

Amen!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT