ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Hoops Recruiting Scoop

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
*** 2020 big Elijah Taylor set his five official visits for August and September, and Notre Dame is on his OV list. Notre Dame has a puncher's chance here, but landing him won't be easy. Here's a story I did on Taylor from a couple weeks ago.

*** I am told by a source that Rivals150 power forward JaKobe Coles will also be officially visiting the same weekend as Taylor, which is September 13-15, the weekend of the New Mexico game.
Coles' top schools are Minnesota, Butler, Loyola (Chicago), Notre Dame, Texas A&M, and TCU. His recruitment has been tough to read but I think this one boils down to Notre Dame or staying in Texas.

*** Look for three-star center Matt Zona to also officially visit Notre Dame in September, although a source tells me that his visit has not been locked in yet. The Irish feel like the team to beat in his recruitment.

*** My sources on the ND side of things are very excited about the 2020 big men who the Irish are after, which includes the three guys I just talked about. Hunter Dickinson is still out there as a possibility and Zed Key is another recent big man offer.

*** Moving along to the 2021 class, Notre Dame would love to pair JR Konieczny with Blake Wesley -- both are local kids in South Bend. Wesley is a top 100 player from Riley H.S. and is a good looking guard. I'd expect Notre Dame to send out some new 2021 offers, especially at guard, in the next few weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News