ADVERTISEMENT

Honestly, I don't think I want to make the Playoff this year

SeminoleDoug

Hi I'm new here
Silver Member
Nov 29, 2021
First of all, I've been feeling this way for a few weeks now, before the big news. If we make the playoff, we are going to be the #4 seed. And we are going to have to play UGA.

In 2012 we got crushed by Alabama in the national championship game. In 2015, we missed the Playoff but made the Fiesta Bowl and got crushed 44-28 by Ohio State. In 2018, we made the playoff as the #3 seed and got crushed by Clemson 30-3. Then last year we made the Playoff as the #4 seed and got beat down by Alabama 31-14. The narrative right now is that every season we receive a bowl invitation we don't deserve and we get killed by an elite team.

Just one year I want the narrative to be that we got robbed. I would much rather sitting there in January complaining that we got screwed than we wet the bed again and have to worry what kind of impact that might have on any future committee's decision come playoff time. Probably I am alone in this, but I actually think it might be better if we sat this one out. I would LOVE to win a national championship after waiting more than 30 years since the last one. But I don't see us beating UGA, especially with the distractions we are going to have to face on top.

• Angry
Reactions: LoyalSon 2005
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News