ADVERTISEMENT

Holy Crap...

I seen that and SC just ran back a fumble from the goal line shades of USF 2010.

I think that was shades of both USF 2011 and USC 2011, if my memory serves me correctly. Jonas Gray lost the ball against SF and Dayne Crist fumbled the snap against USC and got pinned down under a body and couldn't regain the ball.

God, we had more than our share of unlucky bounces for a few years there. I think that same year, Michigan fumbled inside our five and the ball bounced right back to a running back who easily ran it in for the score.

So much for the luck of the Irish.

I think that was shades of both USF 2011 and USC 2011, if my memory serves me correctly. Jonas Gray lost the ball against SF and Dayne Crist fumbled the snap against USC and got pinned down under a body and couldn't regain the ball.

God, we had more than our share of unlucky bounces for a few years there. I think that same year, Michigan fumbled inside our five and the ball bounced right back to a running back who easily ran it in for the score.

So much for the luck of the Irish.

That UM game was also in 2011, it was the week after the USF game. Luckiest win I think I've ever seen. We were up by 2 TDs in the 4th and lost the lead, got it back w/ 30 seconds left and then proceeded to let them score a TD WHILE trying to play prevent defense in like 3 plays.

I dont know how BK didnt have an aneurysm that season.

Don't forget Tommy Rees' fumble in that Michigan game when nobody touched him when he reared back to pass. ND had 1,000 yards of offense and 10 turnovers to start that season.

Insane season in '11. I darn near had a breakdown and resigned myself to the fact that ND could never win a title. Then '12 happened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT