ADVERTISEMENT

Holding in CFB needs to be re-evaluated.

Quest4Twelve

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Aug 31, 2009
I'm not playing Sunday am tears in my coffee, but I see many times with players getting grabbed outside their shoulder pads and no call. How can you shed a block when you're literally be grabbed and turned? I can understand interior blocks but if that happens outside the tackles it should be called 100% of the time. Thoughts?

Should be one of the easiest calls to make —- you can’t grab jerseys but it happens literally on every play. Our guys do it too. The inconsistency in which it is called is mind boggling. Same with PI —-sometimes the refs call it and sometimes they don’t.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
Should be one of the easiest calls to make —- you can’t grab jerseys but it happens literally on every play. Our guys do it too. The inconsistency in which it is called is mind boggling. Same with PI —-sometimes the refs call it and sometimes they don’t.
You are allowed to grab a jersey inside the shoulders. Agree though that it is a hit and miss call.

All night long. I can’t remember the kids name, but #79 finally got called twice in a row. The very next play he’s got in the background on the playback in slow motion.
Very frustrating, but it sounds like sour grapes so I just zip my mouth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT