ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, zona DaVaris Daniels weighs in....on porky....not good....

Well Zona is defending Mr. Scumbag kid attacker so he has lost all credibility round here. Dropped on his head I guess....and crying all the way home.

Reactions: NDAyers and cgvr
Can we suit up some of the rugby players to play D. The one thing every rugby player knows how to do is tackle. Something our D clearly can not do if their lives depends on it. This lack of development is all due to inept coaches.
This I totally agree with

Sorry guys, but the players should not be exonerated in all this. They have to share part of the blame. I have heard ND writers and broadcasters who attend the practices say that they do practice tackling. Bad angles, missed tackles, and blown overages are on the coaches and some on the players. They know how to tackle. They have been doing it since Pop Warner. Even when a swarm of Irish tacklers are on the ball carrier, the pile gets pushed forward for another yard or so. No one seems to be around the ball. I refer to Reggie Brooks and Allen Pinkett who both said yesterday the players need to be held accountable at this point also. BK is frustrated with his players and staff. The players are frustrated with each other and the staff. The staff are all frustrated with the players. The fans are frustrated with the staff, BK, and they should be a little upset with the players. They are on scholarship to tackle, cover, contain, and take the correct angles. So just do it. I saw Drue and another DB jawing at each other after yet another blown coverage that led to a TD. Not good. Not good at all. Finger pointing within the team is never good.

What spin Pers? It's all out in the open. The whole world sees what is going on down on the field. We all know what is happening. I'm not smart enough to know how to fix this problem. Wholesale firings is not the answer but changes do have to be made. Whether with the staff, players, or assignments. There is still alot of season left and this team, from the top on down to the walk on, needs an attitude adjustment and a motivation fix.

spin=
you did not hear what you heard
you did not see what you saw.
you will be blamed too!

this is your fault!

Sorry guys, but the players should not be exonerated in all this. They have to share part of the blame. I have heard ND writers and broadcasters who attend the practices say that they do practice tackling. Bad angles, missed tackles, and blown overages are on the coaches and some on the players. They know how to tackle. They have been doing it since Pop Warner. Even when a swarm of Irish tacklers are on the ball carrier, the pile gets pushed forward for another yard or so. No one seems to be around the ball. I refer to Reggie Brooks and Allen Pinkett who both said yesterday the players need to be held accountable at this point also. BK is frustrated with his players and staff. The players are frustrated with each other and the staff. The staff are all frustrated with the players. The fans are frustrated with the staff, BK, and they should be a little upset with the players. They are on scholarship to tackle, cover, contain, and take the correct angles. So just do it. I saw Drue and another DB jawing at each other after yet another blown coverage that led to a TD. Not good. Not good at all. Finger pointing within the team is never good.

Attitude reflects leadership and the coach is the leader

But I do agree with lack of execution especially the Run blocking but it's hard to blame Fizer he was doing the best he could under the circumstances

In all honesty, I'd rather hear from the four guys who finished, not the one guy who bailed.

The bigger issue is that he is not alone in his thought process (former/current players/non players alike). kelly's presser may be his waterloo....
It's bad for him right now...very bad...

Reactions: deadirishpoet
The bigger issue is that he is not alone in his thought process (former/current players/non players alike). kelly's presser may be his waterloo....
It's bad for him right now...very bad...
If you listened to the presser and what he actually said, I don't believe any true competitive athlete didn't look in the mirror and say the same thing. If you are being honest, he call everyone out, coaches to. If a player can't handle that, then that would go a long way in explaining why we suck this year. Talk about soft? holy crap. Any player who cries about what the coach said in Saturday's post game, is no player I'd want on my team. Grow up, grow a pair, suck it up and play harder. Cause right now, they are not doing that and it's embarrassing the university.

If you listened to the presser and what he actually said, I don't believe any true competitive athlete didn't look in the mirror and say the same thing. If you are being honest, he call everyone out, coaches to. If a player can't handle that, then that would go a long way in explaining why we suck this year. Talk about soft? holy crap. Any player who cries about what the coach said in Saturday's post game, is no player I'd want on my team. Grow up, grow a pair, suck it up and play harder. Cause right now, they are not doing that and it's embarrassing the university.

Diehard don't disagree w/ what you say -

but aside from players being soft,etc. - It falls on the HC to get him tough "before the first game is played" of a new season - ND came into their first game w/ piss poor tackling fundamentals vs. Texas. Then after game 3 vs. M.State - BK admits that they need to work on Tackling and did not do enough of it in fall camp ? WTF are you doing in fall camp ? Their is No excuse for any well coached team to be that bad at tackling to start a season - as the Head coach - to admit that they had not worked on it enough in fall camp WTF ? I know teams are worried about injuries, etc. but, you can do live one on one tackling drills where guys don't get hurt. There way too many issues w/ BK not being a solid / sound Head coach that he needs to be gone ASAP.

Diehard don't disagree w/ what you say -

but aside from players being soft,etc. - It falls on the HC to get him tough "before the first game is played" of a new season - ND came into their first game w/ piss poor tackling fundamentals vs. Texas. Then after game 3 vs. M.State - BK admits that they need to work on Tackling and did not do enough of it in fall camp ? WTF are you doing in fall camp ? Their is No excuse for any well coached team to be that bad at tackling to start a season - as the Head coach - to admit that they had not worked on it enough in fall camp WTF ? I know teams are worried about injuries, etc. but, you can do live one on one tackling drills where guys don't get hurt. There way too many issues w/ BK not being a solid / sound Head coach that he needs to be gone ASAP.
I can agree that BK has issues, no question on that. And probably like most of us, I scream at my TV or when I'm at the game (like this weekend), but the reality is he has a 6 year contract extension and he's going nowhere. I don't think for a second that he is a great coach, not for a second, but I believe the continued issue of missed tackles is more a case of players thinking to much and not just playing. Hopefully that will be evident with the BVG change. ... Hopefully

Reactions: Pennick44
I can agree that BK has issues, no question on that. And probably like most of us, I scream at my TV or when I'm at the game (like this weekend), but the reality is he has a 6 year contract extension and he's going nowhere. I don't think for a second that he is a great coach, not for a second, but I believe the continued issue of missed tackles is more a case of players thinking to much and not just playing. Hopefully that will be evident with the BVG change. ... Hopefully

The 6 year extension is troubling - how in the heck did ND Admin agree to that ? that would put BK at ND as the HC for 13 seasons - when was the last time a HC was able to go more than 11 years at ND ? And Ara and Holtz were great head coaches - BK is not even close to those guys - a 4 year Extension or even 3 years should of been the max extension they would give just based on the fact that even if things had been going well for BK - the pressure cooker of ND does not even work for a guy to go past 10 years or 11 years - absolutely crazy that JS gave him a 6 year extension.

And JS does not want another CW deal on his watch where they let BK go and have to pay him over 5 more years or 6 years etc.

But, JS has to have his seat getting a little warm as well for this mis calculation as well.

Simple math back to BK's agent and the extension easily could only of been 4 years and not 6. (that way it may be easier / more palatable to let BK go now, etc - and you are right it unfortunately because of that 6 year deal will not happen after this season.)

Here is the conversation that of happened - BK agent - "Brian really needs a 6 year extension" JS simply needs to say " We love Brian , but at his age and the fact that ND is such a pressure cooker job and he's already been here 6 years and we've never had a coach in a very long time go past 11 years due to the amount pressures associated w/ the job - lets just make it a 4 year extension and we can reevaluate tings again in another 2 or 3 years, etc." Pretty simple.

Two less years on that extension saves ND what an extra $8 million ? Isn't BK making $4m a year ? Plus a little easier time in letting him go at the end of this season, etc.

JS screwed up big time w/ that extension. He somehow got snookered by BK's agent.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
All the mess created by this overrated, overhyped head coach named bk.

We have no shortage of fans who think that the players win all the wins, and the coach loses all the losses. It does make you wonder if they ever played organized team sports.

Reactions: irishalice
Daniels is a loser that wasted his talent and couldn't hack it at ND. Is Redfield next ?
Your zero recruited him as an "rkg". Unfortunately, for you, his remark is accurate.....

The 6 year extension is troubling - how in the heck did ND Admin agree to that ? that would put BK at ND as the HC for 13 seasons - when was the last time a HC was able to go more than 11 years at ND ? And Ara and Holtz were great head coaches - BK is not even close to those guys - a 4 year Extension or even 3 years should of been the max extension they would give just based on the fact that even if things had been going well for BK - the pressure cooker of ND does not even work for a guy to go past 10 years or 11 years - absolutely crazy that JS gave him a 6 year extension.

And JS does not want another CW deal on his watch where they let BK go and have to pay him over 5 more years or 6 years etc.

But, JS has to have his seat getting a little warm as well for this mis calculation as well.

Simple math back to BK's agent and the extension easily could only of been 4 years and not 6. (that way it may be easier / more palatable to let BK go now, etc - and you are right it unfortunately because of that 6 year deal will not happen after this season.)

Here is the conversation that of happened - BK agent - "Brian really needs a 6 year extension" JS simply needs to say " We love Brian , but at his age and the fact that ND is such a pressure cooker job and he's already been here 6 years and we've never had a coach in a very long time go past 11 years due to the amount pressures associated w/ the job - lets just make it a 4 year extension and we can reevaluate tings again in another 2 or 3 years, etc." Pretty simple.

Two less years on that extension saves ND what an extra $8 million ? Isn't BK making $4m a year ? Plus a little easier time in letting him go at the end of this season, etc.

JS screwed up big time w/ that extension. He somehow got snookered by BK's agent.

Well done

DD may be demonstrating that immaturity. Carpe diem. Every dog has his day!

He may have waited a long time, harboring these thoughts.

one thing more:

TE'O was on the banquette awards tour fir several weeks accompanied by BK.
And think back, all that time the behind the scenes drama that was about to pop.
And further when it broke through the media Kelly seemed either oblivious or not informed.

Why was TE'O the team captain and award winning star AND traveling companion not comfortable nor feeling 'safe' enough to confide nor consult with Kelly. Maybe Kelky was too pre-occupied job hunting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT