ADVERTISEMENT

Here's the ACC Grant of Rights that Swarbrick signed

Our forum legal Nostradamus seems to have fumbled yet again. You are correct that ND football is not included in the GOR. However, if ND changes conferences will be unable to air any ND hoops (men or women) or other Olympic sports until 2037. Now, I'm not saying that would be a showstopper. A conference like the Big Ten or the SEC would gain so much by adding ND football that they may be able to live without ND hoops for twelve years. But obviously it would be an awkward situation.
I stopped reading right here.

ND is NOT joining a conference. They absolutely cherish their independence.

I don't understand why so many people want to be part of the ESPN flock.

ESPN was doing the same old shit again during the broadcast..." it could be iffy even if ND runs the table because they don't have that conference title game.

In case you didn't know, ESPN, and others sans NBC, are still pissed off about the 1991 exclusive NBC contract they signed for all home games. It still irritates them and any chance they get they will rain down the thunder crying about conference this and conference that.

ND will not be denied if they deserve to be in. Especially now with 12 teams there is still no following like our beloved. ND is it's own brand. No other college team can make such a claim. Not one! The trendy flavor of the decade teams...driven by ESPN talking heads and the flock just eats it up...is not a brand. It's simply a trendy favorite for that moment. Right now that would be Oregon, OSU, UGA and Alabama.
Those teams get extended far too much praise, love and adoration.

If ND wants out of the ACC they simply can go their own way.

I bet you in hindsight if they would've known the United States would become a two conference country loading up with all these teams...
Jack would never have joined a conference just simply to have games for MBB.
Look how that has panned out. MBB can't do anything and the last time they did the kids were the last recruited class of when we were a member of the Big East.

The date has been extended to 2036 by all ACC schools (link) and we all know it does not include ND football.

Time for a Dan Quayle lashing.... I knew JFK. He was a friend of mine. You sir , are no JFK. Stop pretending to be wise and just accept your fate as Pu Boilermaker fan always living in the basement cellar of BT football.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Time for a Dan Quayle lashing.... I knew JFK. He was a friend of mine. You sir , are no JFK. Stop pretending to be wise and just accept your fate as Pu Boilermaker fan always living in the basement cellar of BT football.
You are correct about that quotation during the VP debate. And then George H. W. Bush and Dan Quayle went on to defeat MouseMeat Michael Dukakis and Lloyd Bentsen in a landslide.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT